MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
R56 2007 One 1.4 Petrol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have been testing the Xtool D7 for several months now, and I thought you would like to hear my opinion.

It comes in a nice hard case which holds the Scanner, OBD2 connector lead, and power supply.

The Scanner can be charged by the included adapter, but a handy feature is it will charge from the obd2 port while its being used.

It is based on an Android tablet, so you get additional features like surfing the net etc which is used when you have a DTC code as it will searches the net to find the cause.

As well as the normal obd2 check it has a vast array on special features, allowing bidirectional control of modules within the car, which I found really useful, and normally only available on much more expensive units. I must admit the D7 is amazing value, I only paid 380 GBP for it delivered, nothing else comes close for that price.

One of the things that has impressed me most is how often it is updated over the internet; it literally is a daily update adding new features, and it covers hundreds of cars from Europe, the USA and Asia.

Another nice feature should you have any problems with the device, it is accessed by the Xtool Engineers using Team Viewer which I had to use on one occasion.

I purchased this to use on my R56 Mini, and it has proved to be excellent, the only feature is does not cover is Vanos Reset/Relearn, which is a real disappointment.

So, would I recommend it? I would have to say yes, especially if you need it to work on multiple vehicles.

Here is a link to the Xtool D7 spec sheet on AliExpress and Amazon, which I have just noticed AliExpress sells it cheaper than I paid ☹ 408.0US $ 20% OFF|Newest XTOOL D7 Automotive All System Diagnosis Tool Code Reader Key Programmer Auto Vin OBDII Scanner Active Test Free Update|Engine Analyzer| - AliExpress and Amazon.com

If any members want to message me asking specific questions about the D7 I am happy to help if I can.

Also, I told Xtool I was doing an unbiased review on the X7, and they kindly have given me a 10% discount code for Mini2 Members 😊 Just message me for it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.