MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Tyre-R Owner
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd show you all my new tints, let me know what you think. They were done by a local guy to me back in Manchester / Cheshire. In my opinion he's done a really good job, took around 5 hours in total. :)

Attachments

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
Legal?

be careful matey

the rozzers did my mates car NickB and he had to remove them at the roadside - the thread is on here somewhere

looks the nuts tho ;)

·
Tyre-R Owner
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, they're actually legal, the lighting does actually make them look a little darker than they are.

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
i thought it was impossible to tint the front windows at all due to the level of light the standard windows let in

what percent have you gone for?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Think our mate Nick was just a bit unlucky to be honest, I know pics can be decieving - think it was Nick that told us that the cops told him that the darkest he could have his front windows was as dark as the windows come as standard - many a window tinting co will tell you there legal or just not say anything (they used there light metre on Nicks) - probably why Mini only tint the back and rear windows. But then again your probably more likely to get pulled doing 31mph in a 30zone :D

·
Tyre-R Owner
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tint on the front is only a light smoke, the lightest possible, but as the rest of the car is black and the rear windows are also black it makes the front appear much dark than they are.

As for the cops, how many of them actually carry the guns about. I was lost the other day and pulled up by a police car to ask him for directions, he took a good look at the car but never said anything, neither did my next door neighbour who is also a police man hehe! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Cooper_Andy said:
The tint on the front is only a light smoke, the lightest possible, but as the rest of the car is black and the rear windows are also black it makes the front appear much dark than they are.

As for the cops, how many of them actually carry the guns about. I was lost the other day and pulled up by a police car to ask him for directions, he took a good look at the car but never said anything, neither did my next door neighbour who is also a police man hehe! :rolleyes:
How much to do the front windows ?

·
MINI2 Sex God & etc......
1,106 Posts
ummm, NNNIIIIICCCCCCEEEEEE, bit too dark for me but, yep look good!!!! I was there when nick's tints got the rip.. he was well gutted.

But like them ooohhhh yeeee

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Nice looking tints :)
I will need my fronts doing next year for the new MINI-It will either be Pentagon or a local company, may send you a PM nearer the time :)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Read this:

http://www.pentagonglasstech.com/news_legal_update.asp
Window Tinting - Amendments to Legislation

During the early part of 2004, Section 32 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations will be amended to include “Window Tint Films”, where such materials attached to the glass are capable of reducing the Visible Light Transmission of forward windows to below prescribed levels. These changes will be back-dated to become applicable from 1st January 2004.

This will effectively ban virtually all tinted films fitted to windows forward of the B-Post on any vehicle that is to be driven on UK roads.
You get them done at your own risk. I know someone who had them fitted by their dealership and a couple of days later got pulled over by the police and was given points on his license. The dealership in question now makes you sign a declaration before fitting them.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
LMB said:
Read this:

http://www.pentagonglasstech.com/news_legal_update.asp

You get them done at your own risk. I know someone who had them fitted by their dealership and a couple of days later got pulled over by the police and was given points on his license. The dealership in question now makes you sign a declaration before fitting them.
Was that for the front windows (driver and passanger) LMB?

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Parc77 said:
Was that for the front windows (driver and passanger) LMB?
Yep. As you can imagine he wasn't best pleased as he knew nothing about the change in the law.

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
Tints look brilliant mate, id love to get mine done but id only get pulled over knowing my luck...

·
Tyre-R Owner
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for all ypur replies, i'm thinking the cooper-s fuel filler cap may finish off the look :)

·
Making Noise!!
1,424 Posts
Cooper_Andy said:
Not sure how much the front would cost, but in total it was £160

Is that all! Please forward his details please, i shall be using him myself as you've done what ive wanted to do for a while, and at that price, can't complain.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
That'd look nuts FISHTAIL.... I am looking at getting it done before summer, but i wouldbt get the front window done as it voids my insurance in Australia.

It will wind up costing me approximately $200 AU, so what 60 pounds?

Todd

1 - 20 of 28 Posts