MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Mini Cooper 51 plate . This Saturday on the way to Donington Park my windscreen wipers just stopped dead on the M1! They won't work since, just the back one works.
this problem happened before when i was m.o.t'ing the car and put it on my list of things to sort out, when i took it to the auto electricians it suddenly started working again so i left it like a foolish man, because o'm in the same position again but worse now cos i have already gave it to my partner to drive now her old car has been SORN and no insurance!
I've tried switching the fuse but that didn't work.
i can do a few DIY jobs myself so dont want to deal with BMW technicians

Any other suggestions?

Cheers in advance

·
Sarah
6 Posts
:)
my Mini Cooper 51 plate . This Saturday on the way to Donington Park my windscreen wipers just stopped dead on the M1! They won't work since, just the back one works.
this problem happened before when i was m.o.t'ing the car and put it on my list of things to sort out, when i took it to the auto electricians it suddenly started working again so i left it like a foolish man, because o'm in the same position again but worse now cos i have already gave it to my partner to drive now her old car has been SORN and no insurance!
I've tried switching the fuse but that didn't work.
i can do a few DIY jobs myself so dont want to deal with BMW technicians

Any other suggestions?

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
An AA man I was speaking to recently said many MINI wiper failures he has been called out to are just due to a bad earth in the wiring for the wiper motor, worth checking as it is a cheap and easy fix. :)

·
Sarah
6 Posts
I had same problem and AA fixed it by doing the same as the guy above, just needed the eath wire relocating so it was making a good contact to a non painted surface.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts