MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an S from 2007 with a knackered block and am struggling to find a reasonably price N14 block. Does anyone know if I can use an N16 or N18 block with a n14 head

I know you can’t use the N12 as there are no oil nozzle jets for the cylinders but the n16 and n18 I think do and also have the turbo oil feed and return but could be wrong.
Any advice ?
Tx

·
Registered
989 Posts
knackered block as in rod through it or cracked?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope n16 dont have oil sprayers, n18 do but they are as rare as n14, think guy on here has a n14 for sale , failing that use a Peugeot 207 gti 175bhp engine its same as ,
Do you know if the 208 gti block would fit. I suspect it’s an n16 but does have oil sprayers. Not sure if head off the n14 would work with it.
Thanks Simon

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
Thanks. Much appreciated
your welcome they are very different on some levels but very the same on others, ie stuff like pistons and head gaskets and piston rings and crank bearings even the valves and guides and stem seals are same through all of them , i buy psa parts all the time for mini engines as cheaper and the same parts, peugeot 308gt pre 2010 ish is n14 engine as well, they described that as 150bhp thp engined , same with 207gti and 207 gt thp is same as mini n14 pre 2010 ish , even timing chain kits are same as 2006 car to present day on prince engine, just later cars did have better tensioner hence why still have chain issues with them,

·
Registered
989 Posts
can't picture the issue tbh, I have a block in for re-bore and + pistons right now which will be 650 if I don't need to use it on a customer car, waiting to see if his will take a liner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts