MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Cooper S community,
as many of you I do also have some Oil Pressure Issues with my 2008 Cooper S. Mileage is about 120,000 Kilometers. The Oil Pressure Light comes on on idle once the Oil has reached a certain temperature or after about 10 Minutes of driving. If I slightly hit the gas and revs go up to 950-1000rpm, the light goes off.
Steps taken so far:
Used an engine flush, changed the oil to a 5W50 ELF oil (suggested by some befriended Peugeot technician) and replaced the oil filter with the original mini spare part.
The problem persists.
I have dropped the oilpan the other day and did not find any debris or a lot of sludge, I then unmounted the oilpump to check it but at least from the outside it does not look broken.
Maybe worth to mention that I noticed a slight whining related to the revs of the engine, located somewhere on the bottom of the engine, too.
My question is if the original oil pump can simply be swapped with another one of the same brand:
My original Oilpump has SHW PHH06 written on it while the one I can buy say SHW PHH10 but looks completely identical (Pictures of both pumps attached).
It would be awesome if one of you could let me know whether this is a simple swap!
Many thanks & best regards,
Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having completely rebuilt an n14 engine (with no prior engine experience) since the motor got totalled because some rando put sugar in the fuel tank lmao. To answer your question, Yes it is a direct replacement, though i cant remember if it has any type of o-rings or gaskets to replace. anyway, should be all good to just swap it. But you should check with a mini technician just incase, but i do remember it being a massive pain to replace.
Dear Cooper S community,
as many of you I do also have some Oil Pressure Issues with my 2008 Cooper S. Mileage is about 120,000 Kilometers. The Oil Pressure Light comes on on idle once the Oil has reached a certain temperature or after about 10 Minutes of driving. If I slightly hit the gas and revs go up to 950-1000rpm, the light goes off.
Steps taken so far:
Used an engine flush, changed the oil to a 5W50 ELF oil (suggested by some befriended Peugeot technician) and replaced the oil filter with the original mini spare part.
The problem persists.
I have dropped the oilpan the other day and did not find any debris or a lot of sludge, I then unmounted the oilpump to check it but at least from the outside it does not look broken.
Maybe worth to mention that I noticed a slight whining related to the revs of the engine, located somewhere on the bottom of the engine, too.
My question is if the original oil pump can simply be swapped with another one of the same brand:
My original Oilpump has SHW PHH06 written on it while the one I can buy say SHW PHH10 but looks completely identical (Pictures of both pumps attached).
It would be awesome if one of you could let me know whether this is a simple swap!
Many thanks & best regards,
Matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey & thank you! When I removed the Oilpump, there were no gaskets or o-rings. Just 4 T45 Screws, one for the wheel and 3 to mount it on the engine block. I have already asked some technicians here but they said its more of a "try & error" recommending me to just mount the pump and monitor the pressure in idle and at 3000rpm.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know it does not answer your question. But over the last year I rebuilt my engine. By myself. With no real help. I like this channel because there is moral support. But as far as actual value in fixing anything they only gave me tips. Which were in the end hard to listen to considering I am a one mini owner of the is mini cooper. The mini cooperS was quite expensive. And in the end The forum tends to lack visual pictures about what people are talking about.
My point is I had the a issue with changing my oil pump gear and timing chain considering I did not know as it is supplementary in the big scheme of things trying to get the vehicle to run.
BUT...I went ahead and bought a new gear and bolt......but I got the chain for the pump also. And it was slightly tighter then the old one. Now I have replaced everything in the engine with new. But would like to reside in the belief that the plastic guides wear out quicker than a any type of chain stretches.
Another thing there is no adjustment value for the oil pump chain.
Lastly I bought my timing chain as well as my oil pump chain From outmotoring. One thing about that mini cooper supplier is that they title each part according to the specific mini model indicated. And the parts; when received make me feel better I ordered a part for my mini model. Even if the part goes on a couple different models. It had my mini model engine as the title of the part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts