MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you have a nav with a dead pixel(s). is this something that the dealer would take back and warranty? just wondering

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
err no mine is all ok

if there is a pixel not working take it back and let them sort it - the car should be 100% if its not quite right they shouldnt have sold it you!

That is on the basis you got it from a BMW dealer new/2nd hand?

BMW would go ape sheeet if dealers were handing over cars that wernt quite right - i speak from experience

picked mine up and had stone chip in rear bumper - i noticed it straight away and was not best pleased!

good luck matey and keep this post updated as to what happens

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
damnit I'm going to yell at my dealer about this again - my nav screen failed a while back, and the new screen they replaced it with had a dead pixel out of the box!

I went spastic at the dealer but apparently BMW's policy is not to replace it until there's three or four dead pixels

fortunately it's in the top right corner and is only reallt noticeable when the mini logo is showing up on entry to the car, but it still annoys me

·
Happy Happy Joy Joy
130 Posts
I don’t know what screen technology the Nav unit uses, but with computer "flat" screens, it is common for a number of pixels (dots) to be either permanently on (i.e. bright red, green or blue) or off (black). Indeed, because this is a “feature” of the technology (in other words “we haven’t perfected the technology but lets get it to market anyway”), the fact that a small percentage of pixels may not work does not class the item as “faulty” and give you any right to exchange/repair/return the item.

I suspect that this may also apply to the Nav screens, although (hopefully) most dealers may not realise this, or may just change it out of goodwill. However, I would also guess that if BMW start finding themselves having to pay for a load of Nav screen replacements, they may well tell the dealers that they won’t pay for the replacement of screens within the “threshold” levels.

·
Registered
401 Posts
sigh

I just picked up my MC Sat. The Nav system screen was fine, then this after noon I noticed a nice big green pixel dead center. Hope they replace it.

Howard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
howardpm
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing