MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the latest Nav software installed in my car. Here is where I found out about it.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72366

My impressions are similar to what most people noted on bimmerfest:
1) The location of the "accept" button is moved to the right.
2) menus feel slightly faster
3) some of the wordings are changed
4) no route magnet, as the country code for my car is set to "US". You guys across the pond should be able to utilize this feature though with V24.
5) destination input map is easier to use

For those outside of the US, you might want to upgrade to V24 just for the route magnet feature. It is a "soft" waypoint that you can insert into your route. The Nav will then try to calculate a route that passes close to your route magnet point.

For those in the US, we won't get the route magnet, but the faster menu alone is worth it.

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
Woops he removed it, im getting it from E-Mule atm its about 138MB if anyone is going on Tan Hill ill send the disk around :)

Updates from the V24 are the following: -

**Will let you know once I have it :)**

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rich_IX said:
Woops he removed it, im getting it from E-Mule atm its about 138MB if anyone is going on Tan Hill ill send the disk around :)
What did you search for on emule?

and a good find KatanaPilot!

cheers

Dec

P.S

I also noticed on that site some pictures of peoples nav had the time at the bottom, and not the temp (bottom right of the screen on the blue bar) was wondering if that was a bmw option or if the updated version let you do that?

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
Your right about the time display hope this is bundled into the V24 update I heard that you may loose the split screen thou if you upgrade from a certain version ill keep you updated when / hopefully I have this tommorow and ill take pics and show you the improvements.
Yes I do have too much time on my hands :)

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
ok, stupid question time:

I've never upgraded by Nav software myself - always let the dealer do it - time for that to stop!

Since this was a BMW build, it wont change the MINI startup logo to a BMW logo will it? (That would be bad...)

My Nav doesn't give that silly disclaimer at startup like some people get - again, this upgrade wont enable that I hope?

Is this even applicable to my Nav - my car was built 09/02 - CD based, not DVD based...

Sorry - I haven't been keeping up here lately...

·
Registered
116 Posts
OK, I have v22. I've been updating since v19, so I know what't supposed to happen & how to do it. I never installed v23. I tried v24 tonight & 11 secs after the white updating screen appears, I get the message that my software is up to date, but I'm still on v22. I tried 2 seperate v24 packages & I still get this message. I have v23 & tried that....same thing! What gives? I read the service bulletin & my version should accept this update. Anyone else ever have this problem?

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
It dosent matter what version your firmware you have in atm it will update it to V24 once you pop'ed the CD in...
Although I have heard rumors that you lose the "split screen" capability if you upgrade from a certain version to V24, not confirmed as of yet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes but on the nav system you will get 3-1/?? or 4-1/?? - where the two question marks will be a number. My CD based system is currently at 3-1/62 which came from the V21-1 CD upgrade.

The last few updates havent done anything for the CD based system - I just wondered if anyone had tried it to see if anything was included for the CD system

Cheers

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.