MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
I have a Mini cooper S (2005) with white alloys...

it's all good but I'd like to get new 17" alloys and I think the coolest are the 17" SPLIT RIM
I think they look like these

Abbott Thomas Motors

but I am note sure: are there different variants of these? any suggestions?
are these alloys that normally come with the Cooper Works?
thanks
Fed

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi, They are called R90's, The wheel is made for mini by BBS, If you get them from a dealer you would have to pay around £1500! I have replicas on mine, they look almost identical but are around 1/3 of the price

·
Northern Rainbow
77 Posts
Great looking wheels, I too think the R90s look great.
What make and model are your imitation ones at one third the cost?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Some of us bought replicas by Routecompany in a group buy. There is a different (unnamed) company who do replicas easily found on ebay. The advantage of the ebay replicas is they do a 17" or an 18" R90 replica. I don't know if replicas are available in the states.
BBS OEM R90 7x17 et48 24.1lbs Genuine split rim, available silver/polished rim or anthracite/polished rim.
Routecompany replica R90 7x17 et40 19.8lbs Single piece mock bolts, only silver/polished rim.
Ebay replica R90 7x17 et45 ??lbs 7.5x18 et48 ?? lbs Single piece mock bolts, only silver/polished rim.

·
Registered
398 Posts
hi, i don't actually know what make they are, they are the 'un named' wheels found on ebay. Decent quality though and the 18 inch ones do look better than the 17's in my opinion

I know that you can get replicas in both silver and anthracite (for a bit more money) and i think i've even seen white ones before

1 - 6 of 6 Posts