MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'm new to here. i'm planning to get a Cooper's(hopefully 05). and i just start doing some homework before i go pay the deposit. i think the price is very reasonable. my main concern right now is duration(i know warranty cover), what i mean is i'm planning to keep it for a long time like 10-15 yrs. i don't wanna get the car in the dealership and doing services and maintaince all the time until i broke.(i've bad experience with Bimmer, that's why although i like the New 330, but i won't buy it). especially the electronic component.

can u guys name out the Cooper S common problem, and special care. i'm not planning to do serious performance upgrade(just basic thing like intake, wires and exhaust) your help will be appreciate. thank you

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
I've had mine for two weeks and the only thing wrong with it so far was a loose back on the drivers seat. Obviously with my short period of ownership I'm not overly qualified to give advice, but the general consensus seems to be that the 05' build quality is the best to date. TLC takes care of servicing issues for the first five years and the fun factor gets you over what minor niggles might arise, hopefully.
For me it was a lot of money, but already I can't imagine driving anything else.
As for care after warranty expiration, BMW will always be expensive but then again you can go elsewhere when thats not such a consideration.

Of course, if you test drive one all your misgivings will be forgottten immediately... :D
Well, thats what happened to me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've had my 03 MCS (Sept 02 build) back to the dealer twice. In the first year, several warranty items accumulated, but nothing that led me to the dealer before it's first regular service. They took care of all problems, but needed to order one part. I returned for them to replace that part and all has been fine since. Well almost - the sunroof was rattling and I was expecting to take it back for repair, but it has cleared up on it's own.

You need to decide what's important to you and what you'll be most comfortable with. If every little rattle or quirk is going to drive you nuts, then go with what you're familiar with. No car is perfect, even Lexus develops little buzzes and blips after a few years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for the info guys, it's really helpful info, actually, i've very bad experience with my old Bimmer. and the guy from dealership done a :bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad: job. my engine is on all the time and they keep change the O2 sensor for me but it still on. i was so :bad::bad::bad::bad:, that's why i don't wanna get a Bimmer. my main concern is electronic problem. i always heard ppl complain their euro car with A/C problems, engine light etc....

i've test drive it. it's fun, beside the trunk and the back space is kinda tiny. everything seems good to me. like performance, handling(which is perfect) i was thinking to get a Lexus IS as well, but i live in canada, with icy road, so RWD is not a good idea although i don't think i'll drive the new car during winter time in a while.

i heard there is loose on the steering colum problem as well, is that true? what about the tranny, are they reliable tho, when i test drive, i found the one i drive is not very smooth even it's very solid. have any heard problem about their tranny?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
bighead411
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing