MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I've just Brought a 2006 mini one. I brought it rather quick as I needed a car pretty much there and then. Anyway there's a few things I'd like to try and get an answer to if anyone could help it would be much appreciated. They are as follows

1.sometimes when breaking gently just befor it stops theres a bit of a grinding sound and feel but not all the time.

2.it can be tricky to get it into 3rd gear sometimes and quite often it dosnt go into neutral position without being put there?

3.the plastic bit between the seats where the handbrake is loose and I've no idea how to reattached it.

4.again only sometimes at slow speed when turning around on a full left lock there is a bit of a grinding sound near the front passenger wheel.

If anyone is able to help I'd be grateful thank you

·
Registered
43 Posts
Grinding noise sounds like front brake pads are worn down almost to the metal - brake service required.
May also be causing noise when turning too.
Stiff gear change - would look to see if the gear selector pin is seized - sits on top of gearbox under the air filter housing - could try spraying with WD40 to see if this helps.
Loose handbrake trim - most likely screws missing that screw it to the floor.
Hope this helps a little.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Stiff gear change is likely to be the selectors on top of the gearbox. WD40 to loosen them. Clean the crud out. Apply a little spray grease to keep the moist but not too much as to attract too much dirt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts