MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2004 Mini Cooper S and I’m trying to disconnect my stock amp Amd replace it a amp I found in the junk yard in which is the same year the amp looks like it was a add on Amd is also a digital class d amp in which I don’t believe mine is… all the wires match up except about 4 of them can anyone give me a play by bye on how to swap out if u could I’d send u my old stock amp just send me your address and I’ll get that right over to thanks Minj coope w

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
simple answer it will never work its coded to the car and the chip is locked to that vehicle , main dealer only , last one i had done was £1750 from bmw for new amp and bluetooth connect box as well etc and must be coded to car bmw the only ones who have the codes,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mi
simple answer it will never work its coded to the car and the chip is locked to that vehicle , main dealer only , last one i had done was £1750 from bmw for new amp and bluetooth connect box as well etc and must be coded to car bmw the only ones who have the codes,
Mike I have a Harmon kardon amp from the same year except it’s d amp so u saying there is no chance in hell to swap the amps out ?

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
Mi

Mike I have a Harmon kardon amp from the same year except it’s d amp so u saying there is no chance in hell to swap the amps out ?
yep its anti theft coded , i done one a while ago when car leaked and ended up in water and destroyed both units under the seat in floorwell , sent it to bba remen they returned it could not repair it and even they said cant even use a another unit as the chip protection prevents reprogramming ,, ended up being a £1750 uk pounds to replace them ,, its nuts i know but price we all pay when insurance company's demanding such things, then car makers fill their pockets from it,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts