MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there -

I've just relocated to the Austin area from MD and my poor MINI isn't too happy after spending several days on the back of a transporter.

Apart from being covered in so much road dust that it looks more off-yellow than British Racing Green, the tire pressure warning light is now permenantly illuminated (and yes I have checked the tires and reinflated them to the correct pressures) and the DSC won't engage - the warning light is on and flicking the toggle switch doesnt do anything - I can still easliy spin the wheels no matter how many ways and times I flick the switch.

Does anyone know of somewhere in the Austin TX region that services MINIs ( a friendly authorised BMW dealer?) and would take a look, or do I have to make the trip down to San Antonio - which seems to be the nearest MINI dealership?

Thanks

Alan J. Porter
BRG / MCS

·
Registered
10 Posts
The folks at Mini Center in SA say that most Austin owners make the drive down there and then get a lift to the mall to go shopping, and that they're the only authorized service center in Central TX. Of course, that's what you'd expect them to say. They say they sell 40% of their vehicles to Austin owners. Apparently you can book your service in advance for a Saturday, if it helps.

There's always local garages, but I haven't found one that I would trust with a new Mini...

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion.

I took the MINI to Terry's place. Not only did they fit me in straight away and ran diagnostics to find the problem. They reset the sensors got everything fixed within about 10 minutes and didn't charge me a dime..!!!

Alan J. Porter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts