MINI Cooper Forum banner

Need new Pads..

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  James@fomsport 
#1 ·
My brake sensor has come on my mini cooper s. I am debating whether to just order pads from mini, or a standard garage, or if there are any pads you recommend for a similiar price which are much better?

#5 ·
I doubt I am going to get a replacement from Mini, will probably go into a local garage and ask them. Is there a specific pad I should order.. like better than standard, or should I just tell them the car and they will order the right pads?

#8 ·
oem dust is ok as it shifts with cleaner, greenstuff dust does not it eats the lacquer on the wheels too my old alloys are stained green as a result whereas on my first set that only had oem pads no matter how long i left the dust would always wash off

you as for less dust, im going to be running carbotechs as of next week these are pretty hardcore as stock size street pads go, any harder pad like the mintex should be better of dust wise, i know the GTT set up is good for less dust as my best mate ran it on his cooper s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.