MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After ugrading the wheels and tires on my Cooper, I realized that I am getting a slight bit of rubbing on the back end when I have a few things in the car or even more than myself. Without completely revamping my suspension, can I add stiffer springs that will give me that extra toughness I need. I obviously cannot lower my vehicle anymore so all these springs I see that are specified for lowering are no good.

If springs will not do, can I find a inexpensive set of 4 shocks that will suffice without lowering? A little info on my MINI's upgrades: Motegi FF15 in Hypersilver 17x7, Toyo Proxies FZ4 215/45/17.

PS, this tire and offset looks HOT on the MINI. The wheels are virtually flush out to the fender and the "bulldog" stance is even more apparent.

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Ypur 17s rub?? wierd! im sure ppl hv had 18s on ok! youll struggle to get aftermarket springs tht wnt lower. the ss+ setup, is stiffer without lowering, so might b worth cing ur MINI dealer??? c if they can get u a set??

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
i'd be guessing the inside edge of the rear arch, if you put yer hand under yer rear arch u will probably feel where it's rubbed.

i believe if u get a sharp knife you can jus trim the inside of it just enuff for clearence:)

btw the only reason it's rubbed is cus of the offset........18's and lowered no probs for me;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts