MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After ugrading the wheels and tires on my Cooper, I realized that I am getting a slight bit of rubbing on the back end when I have a few things in the car or even more than myself. Without completely revamping my suspension, can I add stiffer springs that will give me that extra toughness I need. I obviously cannot lower my vehicle anymore so all these springs I see that are specified for lowering are no good.

If springs will not do, can I find a inexpensive set of 4 shocks that will suffice without lowering? A little info on my MINI's upgrades: Motegi FF15 in Hypersilver 17x7, Toyo Proxies FZ4 215/45/17.

PS, this tire and offset looks HOT on the MINI. The wheels are virtually flush out to the fender and the "bulldog" stance is even more apparent.

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Ypur 17s rub?? wierd! im sure ppl hv had 18s on ok! youll struggle to get aftermarket springs tht wnt lower. the ss+ setup, is stiffer without lowering, so might b worth cing ur MINI dealer??? c if they can get u a set??

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
i'd be guessing the inside edge of the rear arch, if you put yer hand under yer rear arch u will probably feel where it's rubbed.

i believe if u get a sharp knife you can jus trim the inside of it just enuff for clearence:)

btw the only reason it's rubbed is cus of the offset........18's and lowered no probs for me;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
RedUn
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing