MINI Cooper Forum banner

!!!!need Your Advice!!!!

948 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Viscount Charles 
#1 ·
This week I am going to take delivery of my Steptronic MINI Cooper (at last) and I would like to hear your advice on what to check at delivery and how I should drive it for the first kilometers. Also I would like to know which tyres you consider better for the 15’. Thanks in advance for your response.

#2 ·
As it says in the handbook, treat it gentle (under 4000rpm and no hard acceleration for the first 1300 miles then slowly increase) and the engine will be sweet by the time you have properly run it in. Difficult to be so patient but worth it. There is a big difference between my cooper and the demo cooper from the dealers ! And now the fun has begun!

#3 ·
Pootling around trying to keep the revs constant, OTOH, is *not* what the engine requires to be properly run in. A mix of revs, loads and speeds is called for, but take the first few hundred KMs steady, then increase the revs, acceleration etc.

Don't push the revs too high with the engine loaded too quick; instead use the higher revs (up to 4,000) while the engine is doing the least amount of work.

Avoid labouring the engine, expecting it to pull away in second gear, for example. Higher revs with less load is better for a new engine than straining and struggling low revs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.