MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new neighbor moved in with a Hyundai Santa Fe and the first time I noticed it, I was passing by it and its alarm/horn beeped (as if it had just been locked). Kinda caught me off guard, but I just figured it was just odd timing. Then it happened again a few nights later when I pulled in...right as I was passing directly behind it. Again, I thought "odd timing" even though both times I couldn't see anyone around that would be locking the car. :confused:

Well, this morning as I got into my car to head to work, I noticed that the Hyundai was still there. As I put my key into the ignition, I soon noticed that the Hyundai just started flipping out, continually honking/flashing in a constant pattern. Another neighbor was looking at the Hyundai also with an expression of "WTF?" :D

So I'm thinking it's official and not just coincidence...the Hyundai and my MINI just don't get along. :D

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
HAHAHAHA its your exhaust... no? tto loud of a rumble and its cheap alarm is too sensitive? either that or its cheap electronics are interfered too easily by MINIs sophiscated electronics. :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EBMCS03 said:
HAHAHAHA its your exhaust... no? tto loud of a rumble and its cheap alarm is too sensitive? either that or its cheap electronics are interfered too easily by MINIs sophiscated electronics. :D
That's indeed it. :D While stuck at home with the flu, I soon noticed that pretty much anytime I could hear any sound, I'd hear the alarm beep the horn. Even closing my door when getting in my car this morning was enough to trigger it. A water delivery truck was passing down the street this morning and even when the truck was still 1/4 block away, the rumble of its engine was enough to cause the alarm to keep beeping the horn as it proceeded down the street. Talk about a hair trigger. :rolleyes:

·
MINI Fan (atic)
276 Posts
Hyundai : A car first, a brand second...

Meaning:
As no one would believe we have any kind of branding, we are going to concentrate on making an "average at most things, crap in others" car. PS. The car is cheap, please buy!

The only reason someone would buy a Hyundai would be financial. i.e "Dont care what car you got for sale as long as it is as cheap as possible, please. Just want to get from A to B, period"

Why, Why, Why? :mad:

If you only have £7k (or however much these things are) to buy, then just buy a decent second hand car. This is a car made purely for bean-counter's ; no soul, character or anything! Heaven forbid you would (want to) buy a car to drive...

:eek:

Sorry, hate Korean car manufacturers, (and dont like Japanese ones, but they are put together a bit better.)
Both are makers of ugly things, even my fave Far Eastern car, the Mitsubishi Evo looks horrid!!)

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
i think the argument sounds a bit unfair... although im not korean...

ive driven korean cars before, i can say they are not up to par with european cars and japanese cars but are coming along... they are surely not fun to drive.... yet, but u cant argue with the things that are coming out of there.. cars like hyundai's concept hcd9 coupe shown last year at detroit wat a design!

strange as it may sound.. we never get any of the real nice models of korean cars either... like hyundai's equus.. a uber luxury crusier that is not sold outside of the asia market...
is it cuze people are so entrenched in the belief that korean cars always equal cheaply made basic transportation? my father was in korea awhile back doing some business and the company sent one of those cars to pick him up..... he told me that the car felt like a mercedes!

they are real fuel savers too to boot...

so ya.. korean cars aint great... but are coming along nicely....

never like the santa fe btw... u should tell the owner about the alarm and see if theres anythin wrong with it... alot of sensitive alarms are either faulty or just cheap, and if it is a factory alarm... it'd probably be under warranty anyways

just my 2 cents.... take it as it may

·
Registered
101 Posts
Kodak said:
Hyundai : A car first, a brand second...

Meaning:
As no one would believe we have any kind of branding, we are going to concentrate on making an "average at most things, crap in others" car. PS. The car is cheap, please buy!

The only reason someone would buy a Hyundai would be financial. i.e "Dont care what car you got for sale as long as it is as cheap as possible, please. Just want to get from A to B, period"

Why, Why, Why? :mad:

If you only have £7k (or however much these things are) to buy, then just buy a decent second hand car. This is a car made purely for bean-counter's ; no soul, character or anything! Heaven forbid you would (want to) buy a car to drive...

:eek:

Sorry, hate Korean car manufacturers, (and dont like Japanese ones, but they are put together a bit better.)
Both are makers of ugly things, even my fave Far Eastern car, the Mitsubishi Evo looks horrid!!)
New car is a new car.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
MRS FEVS said:
OMG!! My mum and dads santa fe has a problem with our mini too! The alarm just goes off when it feels like it when the mini is parked on their driveway! Doesnt happen normally! No kidding:eek:
Santa Fe and MINI, a match made in heaven, eh?! Hahaha... :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.