MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another one to get ure advice, i don't quite no wot the average age is on here, so it mite not appeal to some, but im onli 17 so i love the idea

Ive got a black mini copper with black room, black areches and back 3 windows with a dark smoke on em, wondered what you thort to having a set a neon blue underlights put on it. I recon it wud luk mint??

And one more thing, dus any1 no were the law stands on undercar neons???

cheers stew

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Aye reckan wot yo nid to do is ask a coppa wot he finks is the law innit. A smart traffic rozza will no tha lore well mint in his hed like, you no wot I sayin?

As 4 tha neons, sum peepol have dunnit and it looks well nice man. Do a search for sum picturez :cool:

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
I got neons

Hi

i have a Black MCS & have Neons it looks well cool sorry still no photos I'm lazy. Will try n get some taken soon.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
ButtonIt said:
Aye reckan wot yo nid to do is ask a coppa wot he finks is the law innit. A smart traffic rozza will no tha lore well mint in his hed like, you no wot I sayin?

As 4 tha neons, sum peepol have dunnit and it looks well nice man. Do a search for sum picturez :cool:
and just how long did it take you to translate that into secret code?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, ive dun sum investigating, and apparently:
UK Law: If the tubes themselves are visible then specific colours have to be used i.e red for the back, orange for the sides, white for the front etc.

There is no definitive law for lights placed underneath the vehicle, they are not classed as legal or illegal. Technically the light is not projected, it is only a glow - so the colour shouldn't matter. However the legal situation for lighting under vehicles is not clear cut and cannot be satisfactorily answered until there is a law made defining their legality. We are pressing for clearer up to date laws on the matter and would like to get them legalised.

Check out the current U.K law: http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_3.htm#(Tii)iicolourlightshownlampreflector

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Did yoo manidge to undastand ne of that site Stew? It looks lik it woz rittan in sum forren langwidge innit! :D:D

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
basically its illegal to drive on roads with them on, you can have them fitted out of site but only use them when not on a public road;)

Buttons can you please translate:D

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
wot he sez is that you can onlee have wickid cool neons if ya dont turn em on an onlee yooz em in a field or in a carpark for a krooz!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
right, think ive got ya. nah i didn't get that site either??? bloody double dutch, rite look like the neons are goin on. just gota try n convice me dad that santa needs to get us a set :D

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
There were a time when I used to be the youngest MINI owner....But I never talked like that!
Neons on the black...nice! But I'd be weary...some MINI owners once pounced on an unsuspecting teenager who by the name of JasonFields007 and it was just hilarious reading about people saying he should have got an Astra instead of a MINI! :D

But neons on Black...bling! ;) :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think there mint!! my dad originally bought it back in 2001 and as i passed me test couple of months ago i managed to sneek on the insurence :D . i bloody love it!!! wana mod it to the max!!!

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
Always wanted a new MINI....and a great big Union Flag on the roof! I love my country! Very few of us teenagers with them!

But coolest teens in the world! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
uve got that rite. also thinkin bout gettin one of them fadded silver union jacks on the roof n all. but think that will be a birthday presi. lol

·
The REAL King of Bling
261 Posts
sexystew26 said:
lol, ive dun sum investigating, and apparently:
UK Law: If the tubes themselves are visible then specific colours have to be used i.e red for the back, orange for the sides, white for the front etc.

There is no definitive law for lights placed underneath the vehicle, they are not classed as legal or illegal. Technically the light is not projected, it is only a glow - so the colour shouldn't matter. However the legal situation for lighting under vehicles is not clear cut and cannot be satisfactorily answered until there is a law made defining their legality. We are pressing for clearer up to date laws on the matter and would like to get them legalised.

Check out the current U.K law: http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_3.htm#(Tii)iicolourlightshownlampreflector

I've got blue neons on my Mini. I drive about with them on all the time, however I have been stopped twice, once by a cop walking about (I was parked), and once by a focus following me (I had them on flashing, and they are VERY bright). The guy in the focus was alright, said he didnt mind me having them on but just not flashing. He then said, and I quote, "I'm the only one with blue flashing lights! Haha, I had a good laugh at that one. :D
Your legal info on the neons is exactly what ive heard, so I dont see the big deal in driving about with them on. I saw a focus police car only today stopped in the bus lane just behind me while I was in traffic, he may have took down my regy, hope not!
I think you should get white neons for your Mini, I know it doesnt stand out as much as blue or red, but would look VERY neat on an all black Mini, just my opinion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its an option. neva considered white. my m8's dad runs a garage n he's got loadz of stuff like that, so ill get him to pop a one of each on n c which i like best

·
Mini Crazy
62 Posts
i bought mine as a teen, im only twenty now but interested in modifying my cooper as i can. currently got some 17" oxi's on, a pimpin headunit and bass box, full tints all the way round (illegal but they dont seem to care) bigger spoiler, and am looking at exterior lightin after ma bodykit.

as far as i kno its a grey area within the law and will depend on the particular area and officer. 90% wouldnt mind i can tell you now so long as its not too much, just try not to drive in front of a police car with them on u probs get pulled. use them for show, they are good enough for that.

advice, consider the new types of neons, LED style much more effective than the standard tube.

Mark.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts