MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I'm probably out motoring
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just wanted to share this:

I tend to check my tire pressure rather often at the local gas station. They have a digital system and is pretty accurate compered to my professional pressure gauge. Over the last month and a half, I've been pretty busy with my new home, so I hadn't (washed and) checked it for over a month.

My MINI just went in today to have the wheels swapped front to back and vice versa. It was decided to change them even though I am getting new winter tires in a month or so. I'm expecting to do another 1000km this month.

After all, this was a very good decision.

After swapping the wheels, the mechanic noted that I was running pretty low pressure? I said: "No, I'm running 2.7 bar all around". Then he checked the pressures and all but one were at 2.7 bar. Me right front (was right rear before the swap) was at 1.1 bar. I asked if it could be from a curb, but a fat nail was found in the tire. Fixing the leak cost € 7, so that was not bad at all. After all, I'm very happy with their service.

Then, I went out to wash the car and recheck the pressure myself. When I finshed and got back in, the tire pressure monitor beeped at me. It was then, that I remembered that it had warned me a few weeks ago, and I just thought it was from checking the pressure a few days before.

The moral of this story: always check your tires when the pressure warning system alerts you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Deffinatly agree here! We had picked up a small nail in our right rear tire and was makeing it loose about 15 PSI over the coarse of a week. With all the tires aired up too 35PSI, the low tire pressure warrning would come on when that tire reached about 20PSI. Deffinatly a great feature of the car as I wouldn't have known till it was too late; especially since we do alot of highway miles at 70MPH+!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.