MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MINI2 Resident Doctor!!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 03 cd boost is broken and if the dealer replaces it will it be the new 05 mp3 one or will they have a part number for the old 03 version?

·
MINI2 Resident Doctor!!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i have the mike the mini nokia bluetooth and aux connectors...will they fit the new 05 headunit?

·
Happy as Larry!
118 Posts
I think they have loads of old stock, as they keep trying to palm them off on 05 purchasers, so i would expect to get an old unit,

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You'll get the radio that's currently correct to your chassis number. That means that you'll almost certainly get a straight swap.

·
MINI2 Resident Doctor!!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pooh....what if i ask nicely! does the 05 have aux and are the connectors all the same?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Your dealer pays for the warranty repair and MINI pay the dealer back. There will be one part number for the radio that MINI will pay your dealer for, and it'll be the part number that is correct for the age your vehicle. Therefore, the chances of you getting the later head unit are virtually nil. Sorry! ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Garsh, mister, do I get a better deck if I wreck the old one.......

What would Mini do if an Army of 2004 owners started shoving big screwdrivers in their CD slots? Give them upgraded HU's? C'mon, get off that turnip truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
JoeDentist
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing