MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up my new Works "S" on saturday.

Oooooooooooooooo - very excited. 5 hour drive to get there though... and then 6+ to get back (allowing for breaking-in).

Just in the process of detailing ALL non-standard mods of my vehicle to the insurance company.... yawn.

PS - Dark Silver/Black roof, rear window tints, Dare X4 18"s...... oh, and a 210bhp works kit.

very giddy !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
Cooper S Works said:

Oooooooooooooooo - very excited. 5 hour drive to get there though... and then 6+ to get back (allowing for breaking-in).

Just in the process of detailing ALL non-standard mods of my vehicle to the insurance company.... yawn.

PS - Dark Silver/Black roof, rear window tints, Dare X4 18"s...... oh, and a 210bhp works kit.

So jealous here....so jealous.

One day I will have my Works Cooper S...one day. When I have some money of course... :rolleyes:

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MINI Poser said:
So jealous here....so jealous.

One day I will have my Works Cooper S...one day. When I have some money of course... :rolleyes:
pictures will be posted of everythings.
any questions about the car, let me know....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Picking up plenty of accolates.

Car, Evo, and Autoexpress all love it.

Car in particular are frothing at the frothy bits.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cooper S Works said:

So how is the JCW? I am getting mine done next Saturday? How did the insurance company take it? Was it a big % increase?

Any other top tips would be welcome.

Have fun with those 210 horses

Kabul Cooper

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kabulcooper said:
So how is the JCW? I am getting mine done next Saturday? How did the insurance company take it? Was it a big % increase?

Any other top tips would be welcome.

Have fun with those 210 horses

Kabul Cooper
It's still Friday so i don't have it yet.
My insurance is actually cheaper than my stock MCS that I am selling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jcw

How would you keep the wheels from breaking loose all the time? I have a stock '05 MCS and its quite difficult to keep the wheels from spinning off the line. I can easily bark second and thrid gear if I'm not concentrating on it! I can't imagine what 210hp would be like!!!

And yet I soooo want to have that bad boy installed! :)

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RaceBannon said:
How would you keep the wheels from breaking loose all the time? I have a stock '05 MCS and its quite difficult to keep the wheels from spinning off the line. I can easily bark second and thrid gear if I'm not concentrating on it! I can't imagine what 210hp would be like!!!

And yet I soooo want to have that bad boy installed! :)
taking it easy to being with. It's a brand new vehicle and needs running in for 1250 miles as instructed on the JCW modification certificate.

The new 210bhp kit has an improved 'wider' diameter pipe exhaust which you don't get from the 210bhp upgrade alone.

It truly is a magical car. just waiting for the Dare X-4's to arrive now.....

I'll be taking pictures when the rain stops, and when i get my privilages back (had them removed for being naughty!!). :rolleyes:

Ta ta all.

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
You lucky thing! You'll love it - where are you picking her up from? JCW Garage?

My insurance went up a tenner - not bad! :)

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Intrepid said:
You lucky thing! You'll love it - where are you picking her up from? JCW Garage?

Picked the car up from the JCW garage on Saturday afternoon.
My insurance went down £100 !!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cooper S Works said:
Is that because you shopped around and changed companies when you moved up to the new car or did your existing insurer take pity on the 23K hole in your wallet and give you a discount? I doubt it somehow?

Which company by the way?

Cheers

Fraz

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Intrepid said:

A tenner??? How's that?

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Cooper S Works said:
Eh? One gans up by a tenner, one gans down by a ton....What's ganning on here?

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LMB said:
Eh? One gans up by a tenner, one gans down by a ton....What's ganning on here?
It's just the pick of the market at the time.

The new JCW exhaust is superb. It's pops and splutters more than the aftermarket sound samples I've heard on this site in the FAQ's. Utter delight.

·
Taller Than You!
1,183 Posts
Sounds sweet! What do folks do when they goto JCG do you take ure replaced parts back with you? Supercharger / Cylinder Head etc for ebay? :)

Any rebate offered for replaced components. Got my 18" JCW wheels for £700 in exchange for my 17" wheels coming on my new mini.

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
andeh said:
Sounds sweet! What do folks do when they goto JCG do you take ure replaced parts back with you? Supercharger / Cylinder Head etc for ebay? :)

Any rebate offered for replaced components. Got my 18" JCW wheels for £700 in exchange for my 17" wheels coming on my new mini.
Nope, no allowance, no returns at JCW............;)

·
Taller Than You!
1,183 Posts
Thats a bit cheeky, they replace components and keep em :) More money on the side for them.. I presume folk have asked if they can have their replaced parts back?

·
Taller Than You!
1,183 Posts
Just got an email from JCG no rebate is offered but you can have all your replaced parts back for the Works conversion :)

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
andeh said:
Just got an email from JCG no rebate is offered but you can have all your replaced parts back for the Works conversion :)
If it's a new car conversion, they throw away the exhaust, re-use (and keep) the cylinder head, and sort you out with a SuperCharger.

Of course, this is all discretionary, they can keep the lot if they want.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts