MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was in the MINI headquater in munich. Just saw the new 3 spoke sports steering wheel for the Cooper S ! Looks good. :D
I like it

CHRISTIAN

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more pic of the SSW

Attachments

·
Member of Stealth Club
349 Posts
Now that is nice!

Is it available now? Does it come in MFSW too?

Is it available on the Cooper too, or just the S?

Kaz :black:

·
Registered
624 Posts
god, my friend always says that the worse part of my car is the ugly looking steering wheel :(

i myself would rather have a 3spoke design as well,
now this 1 looks pretty good imo.(i guess should be nice to hold too )
do u think its possible for us to change from the 2spoke to the 3spoke?? :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it is still not available at the moment. This was a testing car at MINI.
Lets wait some month. I think you can order this starting Sep. 03.
I have no nearer infos re. MFSW or if it is also available for Cooper.

CHRISTIAN

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I seem to be in the minority but I think that wheel is ugly.

Harry

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
And they've got rid of that clear plastic disc in the middle that gets scratched when you breathe on it! It certainly looks more comfortable than the 2-spoke.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like the new wheel. And those beige sports seats and door panels look nice in the S too.

·
Motor On!
830 Posts
MiniMan7 said:
Thats awesome, I think its way more sportier than the 2 spoke wheel!!!

Any idea on how much it costs to retro?
I was wondering the samething. If it was going to be expensive to retro it? I think it looks sharp.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for posting the photos. It's nice to see styling experiments. For my 2p worth; I'm not so thrilled with that wheel. I think the spokes look more like utility poles. They are too thick and lack grace. What are they going to do, put a little air bag into each spoke?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the new wheel too. And I agree with Jeffrey, the tan leather on the sports seats looks good also, an option heretofore has been unavailable? Really dresses up the interior.:)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The 3 spoke wheel is OK. The only problem with 3 spoke wheels is that you can't comfortably rest both hands at the bottom when 'cruising'.

I, in a way, prefer the looks of the current 2 spoke wheel because it has the charm of the classic car and compliments the interior design extremely wheel. The new 2 spoke "Sport" wheel being offered in the MCS (With the thick thumbs) looks and feels fantastic.

It looks like the new 3 spoke wheel will be made standard fare in the 2004 model year.

Oh I also like the center MINI clear plastic hub in the current wheel. They just need to improve the quality of the plastics.

·
Motor On!
830 Posts
The 3 spoke steering wheel has a striking resemblance to that of the steering wheel in the new Rolls Royce.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts