MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I better post some comments after spending a few weeks reviewing this site.

I picked up my Cooper on Saturday 4/1/02 which I ordered just before xmas (it was already built but was the colour/spec that I required - CD Player) the Car was a November build.

I read all the negative comments on the site and nearly never ordered the Car but after much deliberation i did.

I was part exchanging a 2001 MR2 Roadster (the lack of boot space had finally proved to much of a hassle) in which I had covered 22,000 miles that had been totally fault free, and I wasn't too keen on buying a car which is/was going to let me down.

I've only covered a few hundred miles but would like to confirm the following to other potential owners who, like me really wasn't sure whether to order the car.

1. No, the Car does not pull to the left (it drifts slightly which it's supposed to)
2. There are no rattles/squeaks whatsoever
3. Everything seems to working a OK.
4. Sports + suspension feels just right
5. White Wheels get dirty very quickly
6. Boot release gets very dirty (so do hands - maybe Mudflaps are needed)
7. Plenty of grip fron Goodyears unless you hammer it from a standing start on a greasy road

In general, the Car feels and drives superb and I just can't fault it - yet!

Going to order the White Reflector pack which should finish the Car of nicely.

I think I'll call her charlotte.

:D

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Glad you are enjoying your MINI!

When you say white reflector pack, Do you mean the clear lenses??

·
Registered
888 Posts
Charlie, my Cooper, says "beep beep! Beep beepy beepedy beep beep? Beep beep beepy beep?" to Charlotte!

I'm still learning MINI-speak, but I think hes saying "Happy MINIing! Didn't I see you in the factory in Cowley in November? What took you so long! Fancy a drink sometime?"

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Is this a first?!

PeterboroughBoy said:
Thought I better post some comments after spending a few weeks reviewing this site.

I was part exchanging a 2001 MR2 Roadster (the lack of boot space had finally proved to much of a hassle):D
...Someone buying a MINI 'cos they needed more boot space!:D

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Welcome to the World of MINI!!!

Thanks for the good review, we can't have enough good reports and comments over here ;) .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I meant Clear Lenses.

The MR2 does not have boot but a cubby hole behind the rear seats which is about as much use a chocolate teapot.

It seems like luxury to have the a capacious boot of the mini!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great to hear you're pleased with your car Peterborough Mini.

Mine's a November build too, collected December, and I have had no major problems either.

I was beginning to think mine was the only one that was okay

:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Excellent news that the newer MINI's seem to be bolted together better.

Am I correct in thinking that it was in November that the temp workforce were taken on full time ???? Strange that......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts