MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MCS arrives 7th December - can't wait.
First baby, early 2004 - even more exciting!

What is the best solution in terms of stroller/pram and car seat for the early months from birth? So much advice on here - totally confused - please help!!!!!

Cheers,

M

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
We also have an Aria stroller...here the brand name is "Peg Prego" rather than "Mommas and Papas" but the same thing. Truth be told ours is still in the box as we have been using our Land Rover as the baby hauler and using a Bugaboo Frog system that is way too big to fit in the MINI.

In the USA the Aria is the only choice I know of..but in the UK Silver Cross makes a new one called the "Compact". Haven't seen it in person but in pics and from what I'm told (by an interested party ;) ) I'm pretty sure it is the stroller I would buy. Heck, I'm still kicking myself for not importing one.

Not that the Aria is a bad stroller...and glad to hear from Paul that his is holding up...but I can't say I'm dying to use it. They are a bit "plasticky" and ordinary. The Silver Cross Compact in contrast is quite stylish IMO. Kicks self again :rolleyes: :D

Wish we could get them here.

If you don't really care if your rig is stylish and just want utility the Aria does fit...and it really isn't that bad (especially if you search out some of the better fabric choices).

I assume you can get the Peg Prego (Mommas and Papas) Primo Viaggio seat?

This is what we had. These are very nice and well rated for safety. Again I fitted it to the MINI...but never really used it in that car :rolleyes:

One advantage if you do get an Aria and a Primo Viaggio is you can use them together as a travel system. Although you will be chastised to use the car seat as little as possible...so the little one can lay flat.

Rumor has it Silver Cross is working on a car seat travel system. Rakey will be able to advise.

Congratulations :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
We opted for the Maclaren Mac3 with cot - which fits in the MINI boot even with a CD changer and without folding the seats down or removing the parcel shelf. For the car seat we have the Britax First Class Si. This fits behind the drivers seat, but only because I have the seat quite far forward - if you put the seat right back it won't fit.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Spy Car said:
We also have an Aria stroller...here the brand name is "Peg Prego" rather than "Mommas and Papas" but the same thing. Truth be told ours is still in the box as we have been using our Land Rover as the baby hauler and using a Bugaboo Frog system that is way too big to fit in the MINI.

In the USA the Aria is the only choice I know of..but in the UK Silver Cross makes a new one called the "Compact". Haven't seen it in person but in pics and from what I'm told (by an interested party ;) ) I'm pretty sure it is the stroller I would buy. Heck, I'm still kicking myself for not importing one.

Not that the Aria is a bad stroller...and glad to hear from Paul that his is holding up...but I can't say I'm dying to use it. They are a bit "plasticky" and ordinary. The Silver Cross Compact in contrast is quite stylish IMO. Kicks self again :rolleyes: :D

Wish we could get them here.

If you don't really care if your rig is stylish and just want utility the Aria does fit...and it really isn't that bad (especially if you search out some of the better fabric choices).

I assume you can get the Peg Prego (Mommas and Papas) Primo Viaggio seat?

This is what we had. These are very nice and well rated for safety. Again I fitted it to the MINI...but never really used it in that car :rolleyes:

One advantage if you do get an Aria and a Primo Viaggio is you can use them together as a travel system. Although you will be chastised to use the car seat as little as possible...so the little one can lay flat.

Rumor has it Silver Cross is working on a car seat travel system. Rakey will be able to advise.

Congratulations :)
send Spy his monthly commission cheque:p

yes there is a Silver Cross car seat in development, and should be out early part of next year, this then fits onto the Compact that will fit in the boot of a MINI tintop even with the CD changer in there.

Spy, can we have a pic of your Landrover buggy please, if its the one I am thinking of, it really is a Silver Cross licensed product, well that is till they stopped making them:rolleyes:

On the subject, also have a look at Quinny Zapp, and the Bebe Comfort Loola, these are also supposed to fit in the boot, both have car seat options but I have not personally tried them in situ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.