MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi all

I bought my first Cooper S just over a month ago and I'm still grinning madly! I have been registered on here for a few weeks and thought it was about time to introduce myself.

Here's a grainy twilight camera phone pic ...

Land vehicle Car Mini Motor vehicle Vehicle

Its obviously an 05 model and has the Chilli pack. I have been looking at all the mods people have done and now have loads of ideas and not enough money (YET) to do them :biggrin:

I live in Caerphilly and work in Cardiff, am looking forward to getting to a few meets next year.

Matt

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

What mods do I have planned.............. well starting with the outside, not really a mod but I'm toying with the idea of a Union Jack for the roof. Whats the general concensus on them?

I really like the standard alloys on there, but if the right set comes along at the right price then I will probably change them.

I will be going for either the 15 or 17% pulley and plugs as a starter for more power. Also looking at manifold, power cat or decat, stainless exhaust, CAI. I will probably sort out the pulley and CAI early next year, then the rest as I can justify the expense to the other half. Am looking at getting the work done at Think Mini as I have a friend who lives in Worcester so can tie it in with a night or 2 out. That is inless anyone has any suggestions for anyone in South Wales?

For the interior, I just want to get a JCW carbon dash, downpipes and door handles and then a chrome kit for the dials etc.

I've been there and done that as far as bodykits are concerned, as I've owned a Mazda MX6 which I spent £1000's on and sold a 340ish bhp skyline earlier in the year. I tried to go all sensible and buy a diesel Mondeo, but after 6 months and a promotion I decided that I needed something fun again.

Matt

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great! :D

Well I like UJ roofs (thats because I have one!! :D) but you are best going to minipirate.com/shop.htm]MINI PIRATE || 2007 || Mini Decals & Graphics[/url] for anything vinyl! :D He is a site sponsor and has a huge range of different roof designs!
I've looked at his site, but as he in Leicestershire its too far to travel. I am waiting for some companies to get back to me, but the only price I have so far is from the company who do the work for Sytner Mini in Cardiff. They want to charge £180+ vat to supply and fit it, seems a bit OTT to stick a bit of vinyl on the roof?? I dread to think how much it would be if I was going through Mini and they added their bit on as well.

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Looks like a good choice of mods :D

Everyone likes a UJ roof ;) Don't be worried about that though, its your car ;):D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like a good choice of mods :D

Everyone likes a UJ roof ;) Don't be worried about that though, its your car ;):D
I am open to other suggestions......................

I was gonna get a ST George cross but as I'm living in Wales I thought it wouldn't go down to well with the locals :D

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
It would be good to check what the guarantee on the vinyl is? I know from personal experience that when MINI get the vinyl installed, they use cheap vinyl (had one roof decal replaced after 16 months and the 2nd one lasted about the same, so then went to MINI Pirate). You need to be looking at good quality vinyl that has a 7 year guarantee.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would be good to check what the guarantee on the vinyl is? I know from personal experience that when MINI get the vinyl installed, they use cheap vinyl (had one roof decal replaced after 16 months and the 2nd one lasted about the same, so then went to MINI Pirate). You need to be looking at good quality vinyl that has a 7 year guarantee.
I've just emailed them back to confirm what guarantee they will give with the work.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have now confirmed that they use 7 year vinyl, do you think that price is OTT or worth it???

Any other suggestions for mods?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've just emailed Think Mini to ask about fitting a reduced pulley and plugs. My girlfriend has already offered to pay for the roof vinyl for a Christmas present. If there is not too much difference in the price between that and the fitted price for the roof graphic I may pay the extra and get that done instead.

·
ECMC Addict
801 Posts
The roof price isnt over the top, but not cheap either. Mind you the uj roofs arfe a bugger to fit apparently.

I'd rather have the power given the choice. Although a way away from me, I too have heard many good things about ThinkMini

·
Registered
199 Posts
call me biased (as i have one) but have you seen the zipper with Union Jack? Not many knocking about so, if you fancy something a bit different, it's the way to go :wink:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts