MINI Cooper Forum banner

new colours and stuff

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  rich 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone had heard any whispers on any new bits ? As there are 2 new colours for the S, is the standard range gonna get a look in as far as new colours go ? The powder blue pic which shows up now and again seems to be a 'lost colour' ! Surely someone must know ? I have to nail my final decision soon, if I get wind of new colours just after I'm gonna be a bit mad !
Like the look of he glovebox....any idea when it'll become standard fit ?
Or any news really ??!!

#2 ·
Hi there,

There are new colours coming in the summer for the standard range including the cherry red/ purple colour that was at the NEC in 2000. That is my personal favourite.

James

#3 ·
Mini Colours

I have just been down to my local dealer to see if they have any more info on my cooper S and he said a few bits had arrived today. They have confirmed the price at 14500. The new colours for the 's' are that light blue and the light grey, they are also bring 6 colours from the curent range along to make 8 in total. Mini are also being out 2 new colours for the curent range, White and Met Red. I am not sure aout white but the red look good. I really don't know which colour to go for, my Mini one is red. Any ideas??

#7 ·
Re: Mini Colours

timlowden771 said:
I have just been down to my local dealer to see if they have any more info on my cooper S and he said a few bits had arrived today. They have confirmed the price at 14500. The new colours for the 's' are that light blue and the light grey, they are also bring 6 colours from the curent range along to make 8 in total. Mini are also being out 2 new colours for the curent range, White and Met Red. I am not sure aout white but the red look good. I really don't know which colour to go for, my Mini one is red. Any ideas??
Anyone know if the new metallic red will be available on the S?

Pictures would be good too!

#8 ·
Thought I'd join in with my first post..... Cooper ordered, was about to finalise the spec this weekend, but reading about the new colours now I'm not so sure. Love the sound of the deep red, so may have to ask my dealer for more details. My Cooper is due for delivery early April - do I wait for a new colour and hope my 9 year old Rover lasts a while longer, or stick with the black in April... I was already losing sleep over the spec. Going to be worse now!

#9 ·
pob said:
Thought I'd join in with my first post..... Cooper ordered, was about to finalise the spec this weekend, but reading about the new colours now I'm not so sure. Love the sound of the deep red, so may have to ask my dealer for more details. My Cooper is due for delivery early April - do I wait for a new colour and hope my 9 year old Rover lasts a while longer, or stick with the black in April... I was already losing sleep over the spec. Going to be worse now!
Welcome to Mini2 pob:)

You are going through the exact same dilemma as each and every Mini owner :p

LMB:D

#11 ·
jcuthell,
Don't suppose you know of any pics of red/purple colour.....is it similar to the morello cherry offered by Rover on the classic mini ?
As for white the two designers on the mini web-cast seemed to think that it was the cars best colour !
Still on the fence colur-wise,andI have to decide sometime !
Help ! more info, more pics !

#12 ·
smartbomb said:
jcuthell,
Don't suppose you know of any pics of red/purple colour.....
You don't mean Velvet Red do you? It hasn't made it into production yet.

This photo of a prototype is from the News section of Paul Mullett's tour of the Oxford factory last July. More pix of Velvet Red there.

#13 ·
Mmmmm not bad..tho from that pic it looks kinda brown !
Like all colours needs to be seen in the flesh.
I'm still tempted with yellow, although slightly put off by possible residuals ! but hey it's my car so I'm gonna have what I want ! So at the mo yellow and white roof. Probably with chili but would like to see pics of yellow/white with white chili wheels.....but am tempted by those 17s...
Boy this guy is piccy ?!
Any ideas where I may find pics of yellow/white with white chili wheels ? The one in the metal bound brochure has had more touch ups than Jordan !

#15 ·
So besides brown and white, surley there must be some 'better' colours due ? I mean the lauch colours are fine, and yellow is still my first choice. But would be tempted by a new colour ! but that ain't gonna bew brown and definitely not white !
Surely this is a ploy to make us all order the S in it's new super duper paint schemes..?

#22 ·
Love all those fashion colours!!! The purple on the door is neat too.

But I always think what will the fashion be when you come to sell (or trade in the car on an S)?

So, I s'pose it is always better to go for a classic colour if you want to play safe.

What else do people think!? :confused:

#23 ·
Garry said:
Love all those fashion colours!!! The purple on the door is neat too.

But I always think what will the fashion be when you come to sell (or trade in the car on an S)?

So, I s'pose it is always better to go for a classic colour if you want to play safe.

What else do people think!? :confused:
Tomato

Aubergine (Eggplant)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.