MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have a new range of kits in stock. These combine ipod control, bluetooth hands free & USB in one unit.
There are 3 models,
First, at the top of the range is the new 9200.
It has a very slim colour screen (removable). The controller is wireless so you can mount it anywhere, even on the wheel
Bluetooth features;
The controller has the usual answer, end & volume buttons which also do redial & voice dial. The phonebook can be browsed on the screen, using the wireless scrollwheel.
Ipod features;
The ipod can be browsed using the wireless scrollwheel - artists, albums etc, there is also play, pause track up & down buttons. The display scolls titles and with some ipods will display album art.
USB is similar & on the 9200 only there is an SD card slot.
The ipod & USB can be hidden in the glovebox as there is a long flylead.
The system has its own built in digital amplifier so sounds great regardless of if you have Wave, Boost or aftermarket stereo
& the best thing; we bundle it with a plug & play loom so its very easy to fit.
Note: all control inc volume is done from the wireless controller - NOT the stereo or MFSW
The first pic shows it mounted on our no holes rev counter mount

Attachments

·
Chief Tea Maker
29 Posts
I'm so glad to see this on here,

As you may have read i was looking to upgrade my stereo and add a sub to the HK stereo, however after playing with all the various functions, i must say that i am quite impressed with it and don't really wanna fork out a load of cash just to make it a bit louder or enhance the tweeters with bluetooth integrated.

So I was looking at the Parrot MKi 9100 to install for phone and ipod control, and wondered if you do a similar kit for that, I see that you sell the phone interfaces for the parrot systems and wondered if they worked with all models of the parrot.

Thanks in advance

Dave

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about mfsw control? If so, the only parrot kits we can link to the mfsw are the 3000 evo & 3100 however a kit is being worked on for the new ipod bluetooth kits

·
Registered
382 Posts
How do these work with regards to the Stereo, if your listening to the radio for example, does it mute the stereo when a call comes in as with the evo etc?

I need to sort something out for my mini, but have been holding off as I have an iphone, and nothing seems to work right with them!

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they work like an evo yes, when a call comes in it mutes your stereo or it's own iPod link whatever is playing, all control is from the wireless sontroller. The work perfect with the iPhone, the colour on even comes up with a pic of an iPhone when it senses one. Fitted 2 yesterday , 2 today , work very well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds mint, when are the MFSW controls expected?

I'm a little unsure about a wireless controller, I like my MFSW ;)
+1 with using the MFSW rather than a wireless controller.

Me, I'm looking for some guidance on using an iPhone handsfree as well as it doing the MP3 playing too. I need to retrofit my 08MC as it didnt come with the basic bluetooth as standard.

Been reading various postings but it's all a bit bewildering really. Could anyone advise if there's anything out there that'll allow me to use the MFSW for hands free/using my iPhone for MP3 as well as charging it too?

Deary me. Thought I was a bit of a gadget fanboy but this obviously doesn't extend to ICE!

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
58 Posts
Question, what is an 'MFSW'???

Also, with the wireless Parrot controls that can be clipped onto the steering wheel etc - does it have a battery in it? Or need to be charged?

·
Registered
72 Posts
You say all the sound is controlled by the remote and not the radio? Im not one for having loud music on but its handy to be able to have it quite high sometimes to block out traffic noise. Is the Parrot 9200 volume ok to listen to music on when travelling at lets say 70mph?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looking at the PDF for the parrot MKi9200 installation, it looks like it can also be used to connect to the Aux in on a radio, presumably allowing the RDS signal to override your ipod but also allow the overall volume to still be controlled by the MFSW switches.

Mike, is this the case? or is it more compliated than that?

i presume the downside is that you lose the ability to have phone conversations with the radio turned off?

thanks

·
freak of nature
52 Posts
Mikey, looking for an ipod connect for my mini. I would prefer to use the controls from the MFSW but it is the 2 spoke rather than the 3 spoke wheel. Don't need the bluetooth, is there a smaller kit that can connect the ipod without all the other gubbins? :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just fitted this to my cooper today, along with a no holes rev counter mount for the parrot and a no holes pillar mount for a passive iphone holder.

Got to say it was a piece of cake really. All the hard work was already done for me via the harness that Mikey supplied.

Have to agree that the sound quality is excellent and breathes some life into my old wave radio.

Will take it out and fully test all the features later.

Hopefully pics to follow.

Thanks for all the help Mikey.

Dave

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ohhh im getting more and more intrested lol. whats the cable i need if i have a boost cd player? I currently have a aftermarket head unit(it has Bluetooth built in but its crap!) installed but want to get rid of it and install a cd player.
Our kits come with the correct cables attached

Looking at the PDF for the parrot MKi9200 installation, it looks like it can also be used to connect to the Aux in on a radio, presumably allowing the RDS signal to override your ipod but also allow the overall volume to still be controlled by the MFSW switches.

Mike, is this the case? or is it more compliated than that?

i presume the downside is that you lose the ability to have phone conversations with the radio turned off?

thanks
You can set it up to play ipod through aux but still mute the stereo & play phone through its own amp, however the sound is better on ipod using its own amp

Mikey, looking for an ipod connect for my mini. I would prefer to use the controls from the MFSW but it is the 2 spoke rather than the 3 spoke wheel. Don't need the bluetooth, is there a smaller kit that can connect the ipod without all the other gubbins? :confused:
gateway 100 - NewMINIStuff.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Mike,

I'm confused... Is the MKi9200 kit controlled from the MFSW or from the seperate Parrot controll unit?

From your answer to my email i thought it was through the MFSW but on the forum i'm reading otherwise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts