MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my new Cooper on Saturday. Pure silver with black roof and mirror caps. I've read a few posts about waxing etc and would like to start off in the right way.

When I take delivery, what should I do to protect the car (paint, rubber, plastic and alloys) and what are the best products.

PS Roll on Saturday!!!!! :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bet you are looking forward to picking up your car. My first car was silver/black, keeps clean ok, you will not have many problems with it.

I pick up my new MCSC at the start of Feb. It will be in black, the first thing I will do is put diamondbrite on it myself. Do a search on e-bay and you will get it for £10, alot cheaper than the dealer doing it! That will be a good start when you pick it up.

Hope that you enjoy the mini as much as i have, my next one will be my 3rd!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can agree with that. My Mini was purchased without Diamondbrite but the dealer did it on my car as a courtesy guesture as they had to respray the bonnet due to a manufacturing fault. So I've had 4 weeks of car getting dirty without diamondbrite and 4 weeks with it getting dirty with. Diamondbrite makes a subtle, but worthwhile difference. Just don't pay the dealer prices - it's mostly labour + £££'s of profit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts