MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am new to this forum, just bought a pre-registered clubman auto to replace my aging 51 cooper CVT.

I would like to ask you all whether you encounter the following?

When you release the brake pedal quickly , do you notice a rather loud knock when the upper end of the brake pedal return to its original position.

This is not happening in my other cars. so I would like to knoe any fellow mini 2 owner encounter the same?

How easy (or difficult) is it to fit a centre armrest? Can I DIY or it have to be done by the dealer?

Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Never to old to have fun
320 Posts
Hi clubman888
Welcome to the club and a wise choice on the car, I've had mine just over a month now:D It was 10mths old, dark silver with light silver roof :p
Can't say I've noticed the noise:(, maybe someone else will have.
I've been trying to see what the armrest looks like myself. It's different to the factory supplied unit. The sales guy didn't think it looked as good:confused:
Still could do with extra storage and I miss not having one as my last car did.
Happy motoring :nice:

·
Boosted
480 Posts
I've got that noise. was going to bring it up at my next service. It happen when i did my brake lines and put new fluid in. Shall see what they find! I have no idea what it could be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input, so you think I should take it back to the dealer and check the brake noise?
Any other fellow owner encounter that noise? including the hatch back as they are the same car mechanically.

I am still trying to get use to the new clubman as it much more powerfull that my old cooper cvt, a lot of report said torque steer is a problem, what do you thinK? As I am not pushing the car yet since it only done 150 miles.

I really like the clubman's extra praticality and quirkyness and rareness on the road.

:smile:

·
Never to old to have fun
320 Posts
I've not found torque steer a problem, although I adapted my driving to allow for it.
Have you got any further with the armrest?:smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts