MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here, just deciding which way to go. I have specced up a new car to 21900 and received tlc for free plus managed to get 550 off taking it 21350 which lokking at previous posts seems unheard of, on top of this I have found a ver good 6 month old car through cherished mini that new would of cost 25000 and I have managed to get this down to 20500. Firstly if it is okay Im pretty sure going for the demo car is the way im going to go and i personally think that both deals are very good indeed. What are other peoples thoughts?
Im also very tempted to save the cash and go for a 2000 model cooper sport that is absolutley spotless and hopefully have something that is going to hold a bit of its value. I wont be doing many miles so motorway driving is not an issue and we have another car that will be used at weekends. Anyone had any experience of the older cars? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
409 Posts
well the only thing that new copper s is going to do is loose value...

why dont you go for like a year old copper s - and save lots of money? on autotrader a 2007 silver cooper s is £12500! - that means its lost half its value in a year nearly!?!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably not as high a spec. Most cars I would guess most cars are specced to around the 18-19k mark. It seems as though they are starting to drop heavier than in the past. .

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would say that it would depend on how you are paying for it....

I am currently waiting for a new cooper s and in my plight to find the perfect mini i looked at every ued mini i could find on mini;s website. I didn't find one that had the exact spec that i would of picked, but i found two that were pretty close. I went off to my dealer to get him to do the finance quotes on them, when he did, he also priced me up the "ideal" spec on a new car - and guess what? The new car was cheaper.... guess they have targets to get to!

So, if you are going with mini select then i would definately get them to price a new one up for you cos it might just be cheaper, however if i was buying outright then i would be tempted to go for a used one so that it's already taken the initial depreciation hit.

Hope this helps!

Anna

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say that it would depend on how you are paying for it....

I am currently waiting for a new cooper s and in my plight to find the perfect mini i looked at every ued mini i could find on mini;s website. I didn't find one that had the exact spec that i would of picked, but i found two that were pretty close. I went off to my dealer to get him to do the finance quotes on them, when he did, he also priced me up the "ideal" spec on a new car - and guess what? The new car was cheaper.... guess they have targets to get to!

So, if you are going with mini select then i would definately get them to price a new one up for you cos it might just be cheaper, however if i was buying outright then i would be tempted to go for a used one so that it's already taken the initial depreciation hit.

Hope this helps!

Anna
Thanks. Have gone for the used. A £4500 reduction for a 6 month old car is quite a big incentive. plus wont be financing so baloon payments wont be an issue.
We travelled 175 miles to view today and apart from a mark on the jcw side skirt and spoiler which they are going to do the car is as new.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
What is the difference in spec? e.g. does the new one not have satnav and the used one does...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the difference in spec? e.g. does the new one not have satnav and the used one does...
The used car is as follows;
6 cd changer
Anthracite roof lining
autodim mirrors
Auto air con xx
Chromed mirrors
Colour line cream
DAB
Darkened glass
exterior mirror pack
Front seat heating
Ful BT and USB xx
Heated windscreen and washer/mirrors
HiFi upgrade xx
Lea lounge xx
LSD xx
Navigation
Sports suspension xx
Universal remote
Visibility pack
JCW aero kit xx
Voice control system
If I spec new it will have only items with XX next to them.
I have chosen the 6 month old demo as it has such a good spec and its a very good price, like I said around 4500 of its list price.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
The used car is as follows;
6 cd changer
Anthracite roof lining
autodim mirrors
Auto air con xx
Chromed mirrors
Colour line cream
DAB
Darkened glass
exterior mirror pack
Front seat heating
Ful BT and USB xx
Heated windscreen and washer/mirrors
HiFi upgrade xx
Lea lounge xx
LSD xx
Navigation
Sports suspension xx
Universal remote
Visibility pack
JCW aero kit xx
Voice control system
If I spec new it will have only items with XX next to them.
I have chosen the 6 month old demo as it has such a good spec and its a very good price, like I said around 4500 of its list price.
You definitely made the right decision. The demo was the one I would have gone for too! You will find that the visibility pack to be very useful - I have it and was amazed and wouldn't be without it!;)

Congratulations.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts