MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63232&page=1&pp=15

Had a chat to the guys at col crawford.. they haven't heard of anything yet. suprise suprise:)

Just thought plenty of Aussies would be very interested in getting one thats all.

Anyone know if they actually are available here yet?
these come standard in 2005 models apparently.

Attachments

·
Speckled Black Duck
68 Posts
Have seen similar storage thingy advertised in gomini, about 10 quid from moss-mini. No idea of the quality but magazine says "tight squeeze, but perfect fit"!

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Anyone tried walking into the parts department, quote the part number and see if it pops up in the system? Maybe I'll do that on Monday :)

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dairyboy said:
Anyone tried walking into the parts department, quote the part number and see if it pops up in the system? Maybe I'll do that on Monday :)
you can give it a shot, but i tried it over the phone to a sydney dealer.. they didn't know..

guess we'll just have to wait it out:(

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Damn, I'm pretty excited about those cubby holes thing but when the '05 model arrives maybe they will be available then?

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
Pretty interested in this - I might ask at the dealer when I pick up my baby about availability, if not I'll get my uncle in Scotland to order it for me :)

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Baker said:
Pretty interested in this - I might ask at the dealer when I pick up my baby about availability, if not I'll get my uncle in Scotland to order it for me :)
dont say that too loud or you will be putting more then 1 order in :)

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
After I've done some checking up I might just be able to arrange that - lets see how things go :D

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Got word back today - part number for the tray is 51160305535

Wont be available until the end of the month.

Price: $40

:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dont know about you, though If I had a Mini, I would buy one :) :) :) :)

There is somthing about comparment spaces in cars that does it for me, and $40 is bloody cheap.

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
bkwalker said:
40 bananas hey?

that sounds about right...
the part number sounds funny... do they have different part numbers depending on the country?
Yup, thats what I was quoted today. Ive placed an order - happy to drop one in for anyone else if they'd like?

Yeah I felt the same way about the part number, but thats what I was given, and thats what BMW know, so thats what I'll use :p

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
ScottyB said:
Yup, thats what I was quoted today. Ive placed an order - happy to drop one in for anyone else if they'd like?

Yeah I felt the same way about the part number, but thats what I was given, and thats what BMW know, so thats what I'll use :p
Thanks Scotty,
will order with Crawfords to morrow
2 bob

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
bkwalker said:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63232&page=1&pp=15

Had a chat to the guys at col crawford.. they haven't heard of anything yet. suprise suprise:)

Just thought plenty of Aussies would be very interested in getting one thats all.

Anyone know if they actually are available here yet?
these come standard in 2005 models apparently.
I have a contact in the parts area at Col Crawfords will get to the bottom of this tomorrow .

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
I asked my dealer accessory manager and got this

Re your parts, I can order them and they are x-germany... price as
follows

Utility Box - 51 16 712 17 38 aprox. $28.00 plus gst
Rubber Insert - 51 16 712 56 93 aprox. $15.00 plus gst

Has anyone really checked that they will retro-fit?

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
eltel said:
I asked my dealer accessory manager and got this

Re your parts, I can order them and they are x-germany... price as
follows

Utility Box - 51 16 712 17 38 aprox. $28.00 plus gst
Rubber Insert - 51 16 712 56 93 aprox. $15.00 plus gst

Has anyone really checked that they will retro-fit?

almost 100% certain they are fine to retro fit... there is a link that i put in my 1st post that will lead you to instructions. the utility box replaces the under part of the toggle switches... apparently it only takes 10-20 mins to do.:)

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
Yeah, its been confirmed it works - look in the threads right at the bottom of the screen in the "Similar Threads" bit, has a full show and tell. There is also a tutorial on how to do it here. Apparantly you can actually also install it *carefully* without having to remove the pillars.

Edit: Also, which dealer was that from?

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
About this Discussion
136 Replies
23 Participants
n00b
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing