MINI Cooper Forum banner

5601 - 5620 of 24724 Posts

·
Privileged & Gifted
8,137 Posts
Theo said:
I humbly present the "Half-Baker"! One shows up for an event, but sneaks-away soon after its start!

That I believe exists aforeyou in the lexicon. It is predated by the similiar "Half Baked".
Much the same I expect.

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
MaxaMini said:
That I believe exists aforeyou in the lexicon. It is predated by the similiar "Half Baked".
Much the same I expect.
The Half Baker (uppercase here...) was devised due to excessive demand for my presence. It was decided that a little bit of bakering is better than all or none.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
snid said:
I am not, thank whomever, the "United Parcel Service driver was on his way to deliver parts to Cheshire Medical Center in Keene" in this story:

http://www.keenesentinel.com/main.asp?SectionID=31&SubSectionID=37&ArticleID=48806
Great link. Chesterfield Hill is a real b***h in the winter, gets very very slick and the DOT wizards have never figured out how to get it right there. Keene experimenting this year with that product that is, I believe, reddish in color and is a brewery by-product. Can't remember the name. Supposed to have lasting ant-icing effects, no salt or other cruddy chemicals but more dear than sand/salt.

Eli Rivera was a student of mine when I taught at Franklin Pierce College (sic). He said that, while taking English 101, he wrote an essay on how to talk your way out of a speeding ticket. Despite my promises of hi grades, he refused me a copy.

·
Goin to fast to look back
1,823 Posts
Theo said:
I just wanted to thank all of you for your surprise gathering yesterday! The weather really sucked and I am glad that those who live afar did not risk injury to their MINI or themselves. Thank you all so much!
Theo :yellow: (JCW 210 #S3424)
Theo, So how does your new set-up feel??? Are you glad you had Koopah upgraded??? I'm Glad you went for the gusto!!!!! now I get to say that "Theo's JCW Rocks!!!"
Harvey

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
jcsinnh said:
Keene experimenting this year with that product that is, I believe, reddish in color and is a brewery by-product. Can't remember the name. Supposed to have lasting ant-icing effects, no salt or other cruddy chemicals but more dear than sand/salt.
Do you mean this "Magic Salt" company that's been getting tons of free advertising by hosting the local "news" outlets..?
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2004/12/08/firm_serves_sweet_brew_for_de_icing_roads/?rss_id=Boston Globe -- Front Page
Great PR for them, not news in my book when they keep mentioning the company and the company man stands there in his logo'd jacket etc, etc...

It's still rock salt, just with stuff added to make it stick to your car even better :( ;)

·
Resident Panpsychist
2,655 Posts
harveyjoseph said:
Theo, So how does your new set-up feel??? Are you glad you had Koopah upgraded??? I'm Glad you went for the gusto!!!!! now I get to say that "Theo's JCW Rocks!!!"
Harvey
I'm taking it easy so I haven't explored much over 4500. The couple of times I've gone up that far have been quite promising. It's amazing how smoothIy the torque builds and I do notice a good deal of torque coming on in the low/mid 2000 rpm range that seemed to be absent prior to the 210 upgrade.

I took a ride in Max's MCS with the Alta intake. In the 4000 to 4500 range, my MCS begins to make the same noise; love that SC whine! The exhaust tips really make the rear look quite jaunty, indeed!

Can't wait....

Theo :yellow:

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
I'm sittin' here cleaning the desk and general quarters getting ready for the usual onslaught of matter for the eXMas eXCess and I have the new Leonard Cohen Dear Heather CD playing.

2nd song on the CD, Because Of, just went through, and I found it incredibly amusing to see that it somehow made me think of John.

Heh.

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
Sure...depending on the flight and everything. Today on the bus to the parking garage, some guy swiped the bus or something...nobody really noticed it until the bus and the car pulled over - swapped papers etc. As long as that doesn't happen again 12:05-12:15 is probably a good guess.

5601 - 5620 of 24724 Posts