MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thank you roland....for some reason they did not arrive. Looks good ....will be contacting you re purchase.

·
MINI2 Regular
297 Posts
roland2003 said:
Matt... If the Dinan box is of the same dimensions as JCW ,then yes it will fit. TBH I've never seen the Dinan over here.
I'll have to check the dimensions then cos I got me a Dinan box from across the pond ;) ...nice piece of kit it is too!!!

Cheers Roland,

Matt

·
JCWaiting!
237 Posts
First impressions are that the Dinan has an oval filter in it, rather than Roland's cylindrical filter. Without looking at the Dinan in the flesh, which I know is no basis for opinion :D , i don't think the filter would fit.

...preparing to be correct :p

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
JDinho That being the case I think you're probably correct. Can you put up or email a pic of the inside,we should be able to tell from that. Thanks
Best Regards Roland GTT;)

·
MINI2 Regular
297 Posts
For future reference does anyone know of a replacement filter for the Dinan box that is reuseable and gives an equal if not louder engine note?

Do K&N do one this shape? Or any other aftermarket manufacturer?

Still have plenty of miles left on this filter but it pays to be prepared ;)

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hello
Already I received mine GTT/JCW Hybrid Air Filter Kit :)
I would like to know if the o filter already comes with oil? After how much in how much time (miles) it must be clean?

The cleanness can be made with these products or exists other?

I have another doubt, the zone in red at picture also must applied oil?

Thanks Roland for having ordered and to be so fast delivered, I go to install in my MCS JCW:)

Best Regards

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hi Nuno,the element can be cleaned and re oiled using JR products (blue oil) or K&N (red oil ) or Green products (Green oil). Normally we would stick with the JR products. The re-ticulated foam filter you show should not be oiled.
Best Regards Roland GTT:smile:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hello
Thanks for the Reply Roland.

One more thing, now is only install, is not necessary to put oil? And later re oil, how many in how many miles I must re oiled?

Best Regards

·
only the brave!
1,249 Posts
so is it a yay or ney to removing the blanking plate that is in the JCW box and not in the stock box???

I know post one says that you reccommend it be taken out, but in the instructions in the kit there is no mention of taking out the blanking plate

·
only the brave!
1,249 Posts
right so im taking the blanking plate out!!!

Roland, what silicone sealant do you reccomend when fitting???

Might just get it fitted 2nite, 3 weeks after it arriving:rolleyes:

·
Registered
329 Posts
sorry venox i'm confused. I fitted the JCW box, but never used any silicone-whereabouts are you thinking of using it and why?
mattyc

·
only the brave!
1,249 Posts
roland mentions in his instructions and in one of his posts in this thread that to get a perfect seal between the end of the filter and the airbox, use a small amount of silicone!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I just used a small amount of black silicone sealant I had open at the time, any diy place will sell you some!

It just helps the filter seal to the contours of the airbox.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
you only need a very very small amount so it will set sooner.

(I did think of sending you down to B&Q to ask for some "high performance racing silicone"!!!)

41 - 60 of 68 Posts