MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, we are about to start work on the 'all new' GTT R56 strutbrace. This will be designed to fit cars with stock airbox, and cars with the JCW kit , and JCW factory 211bhp cars aswell. It will be of similar concept to our best selling First Gen Mini Strutbace, with its distinctive bevelled edge triangular windows. We will be increasing size further to , where space allows, handling improvement will be a 100% certainty....Expect something available end April.
Best Regards Roland GTT :smile:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi Guys, we are about to start work on the 'all new' GTT R56 strutbrace. This will be designed to fit cars with stock airbox, and cars with the JCW kit , and JCW factory 211bhp cars aswell. It will be of similar concept to our best selling First Gen Mini Strutbace, with its distinctive bevelled edge triangular windows. We will be increasing size further to , where space allows, handling improvement will be a 100% certainty....Expect something available end April.
Best Regards Roland GTT :smile:
Roland,

Something else you need to design in is, to allow for the negative camber adjustment. All R56's have slotted strut towers and i for one think the extra 0.5 deg negative camber would outweigh the benefits of no additional camber and a good strutbrace.

Both together would be sweet.

So either an adjustable aerobox design, or two manufacturing options or slotted mount holes in the brace end plates.

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Japper, yes elongated hoes is easy enough to design in. We certainly dont want any parts of the brace connecting across the car to be bolt together, as this will kill all the rigidity like you wouldnt believe .:eek::smile:

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi Guys, we will probably make a first batch of 40 off, and yes I think we can do a discount for these 40 ..similar to we have done for the other braces we designed /made. :smile:

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
I was talking to Carl at Coastal Racing and he was saying there is little if anything to be had from fitting a strutbrace to a MINI.

Could I ask for your input on the matter.

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Roland needs to get on with a full set of braces for the R56!

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi..yes we do! :D
Car arrives this week, so GTT braces are top priority. As to their effectivness, it is dependant solely on the design of the brace. GTT Aerobox brace for the R53 impressed even the most hard core of strutbrace sceptics ..hopefully we can do the same with this all new R56 one.:)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
Who would I go about fitting it with a Alta or M7 (without the scoop) CAI installed?

Could you add my name to maybe intrested list :)

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi guys, we have commenced production of the R56 GTT Aerobox top Strutbrace.. Here is some spec snippits..
1) all alloy single piece fabrication.
2) cross bar is a whopping 100mm x 13mm thick.....that means its cross section is around 25 ! times greater than a brace that uses an M10 adjuster bolt.
3) CNC milled end sections.
4) Triangular milled ports (similar to our First Gen. brace)
5) 8 POINT FIXING. (not 4 or 6)
6) fits with stock R56 or JCW airbox.
7) Allows adjustable camber, within the factory adjustment range.
8) Various colours available ..inc Pepper White!
- First braces available Mid May.
Best Regards Roland GTT

1 - 20 of 31 Posts