MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
we use a middle sized GT28.......with various GTT mods including a much better actuator system, which holds boost rock steady to whatever we calibrate it to run.

·
Hangin at the Krusty Krab
844 Posts
I wish there were mods available for significant power gains on my MC....

It's this stuff that makes me wish I had an MCS.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes this superceeds the GTT280 QS. We can go down one size on turbo if required, but tbh this turbo is just right ....our manifold design is keeps lag low. Did u know we use 42 seperate sections of thick wall cold drawn steel individually purge welded together to produce one manifold ! ..thats around 6 metres of continuous purge weld !

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Yes this superceeds the GTT280 QS. We can go down one size on turbo if required, but tbh this turbo is just right ....our manifold design is keeps lag low. Did u know we use 42 seperate sections of thick wall cold drawn steel individually purge welded together to produce one manifold ! ..thats around 6 metres of continuous purge weld !
Ok sounds good :) Does the price include VAT? :)

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Very nice. Is the proud new owner going on any tracks in the future? Is it staying as a nice road car, or going the stripped out track weapon route of Lee's turbo car? I would love to seeit as a road car on the track.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Conversions have to be fitted at GTT (Blandford Dorset England ). Its not going to be stripped out, customer is considering track days but not done before AFAIK. ...mind u we have fitted the GTT /Porsche turbo brakes aswell in preperation !

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
There are no essential mods, this is a complete fitted conversion , & can be applied to a stock MCS in good order , , we can check out any areas on the car prior to conversion if you require it.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
hi, well customer has driven car today and is completly blown away......performance....drivability......in all conditions .... & workmanship. His previous car ?
...Latest Porsche 911 Twin Turbo .:smile:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sounds great roland, I'd love to see some inside and outside videos of it being driven... hmmmm flybye!!

And not a speedo video, I don't think anyone should need that now after seeing your last one :)

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
hi, well customer has driven car today and is completly blown away......performance....drivability......in all conditions .... & workmanship. His previous car ?
...Latest Porsche 911 Twin Turbo .:smile:
well done: hope he dosn't just drive off into the sunset, we want to hear lots more;
will we get a heads up on the magazine write up....

please promise you did nothing to the interior, hate to see 2 pages on your arm rest, and a mention in passing that you tweaked the engine :)

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Customer is planning on doing some Mini shows next year so everyone can see it and talk to him about it .
Anyone seriously interested in having this conversion can see this car here at GTT by appointment. With chq book in hand we can take u out in in to. It is not our car so I cant take everyone out who is just inquisitive.:smile:
We are looking after it until Xmas, as customer is abroad.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts