MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
hi Chris..same price..the conversion we have just done is actually on a GP !! :eek:
Come down and see it if you want..it realy is faultless .

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Customer is planning on doing some Mini shows next year so everyone can see it and talk to him about it .
Anyone seriously interested in having this conversion can see this car here at GTT by appointment. With chq book in hand we can take u out in in to. It is not our car so I cant take everyone out who is just inquisitive.:smile:
We are looking after it until Xmas, as customer is abroad.
Italy maybe?? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Guys, conversion was applied to a totally standard GP. Other items just fitted :-
GTT /Porsche turbo brakes, GTT Spiroslot rear discs,GTT Strutbrace Brace in 'GP Red' , Miltek catback (not fitted yet), OCC, Boost guage & GTT Alloy PAS Fluid tank .
Tbh as an everyday car I would be happy to drive/own this car as is now.....its just so 'nice'. The way it drives is how you would expect 300bhp from the factory...Only other thing I would add if mine is PSS or PSS9 Suspension.

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
one question, how are the milltecks going to cope, i mean nothing against GTT as i know they dont make them but the seem to fall apart on cars with stock outputs and are only rated for 200 bhp ?

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Yeah they do struggle a bit on high output cars, mine is one which has now succumed... but then Lees seems fine and he's done a lot of track work with his turbo. maybe the turbo is surprisingly easy on the milly... i know that Lees turbo milltek GTT mani setup is quieter on a track than a GTT/Janspped with Milly running on an M45 charger... so maybe that noise is also an indication of the gas flow and heat that the M45 forces through (thus the M45 cars get failures and the turbos don't????)

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Spot on Richard. High power SC setups put MUCH more vibes/resonance/ noise /stress through the entire exhaust system than a turbo setup. Failures on GTT turbo setups are non exsistant....much better !
I also design the downpipe ,flexi and manifold in such a way nothing is stressed or going to leak/crack .

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
thanks Roland, was curious but it makes perfect sense, the great destructive force of the m45 seems to be a little whirlwind of destruction,

·
adamminiota0001
35 Posts
cool

hi nice mini

i own a 2005 cooper s standard model ...what would mine get for the price u stated? +vat of course lol
regards adam

·
Registered
317 Posts
I will try and get down Roland and have a look, the pictures look great.

Would be very interested to do a similar thing to mine, as you know, it is important to me to be able to use the car as a daily drive, so seems to be right up my street.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
hi Guys, £6495+vat is the complete GTT300T 'Topmount' conversion fitted.....There are other things you may 'want 'to add but based on everything being in perfect order on your car ,they are not essential.
Your welcome to see it anytime, just give me a ring to let me know your coming .:smile:

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hi ,
1) Yes
2) Yes we can do red also .
3) Pistons are not required, we would recommend leaving this unless you decide on head /cam aswell which can then be done at the same time to save labour. The pistons are less stressed at 300bhp with a GTT turbo conversion than they are at 250bhp with a supercharged setup.:cool:

·
R53 Turbo!
1,931 Posts
Hi ,
1) Yes
2) Yes we can do red also .
3) Pistons are not required, we would recommend leaving this unless you decide on head /cam aswell which can then be done at the same time to save labour. The pistons are less stressed at 300bhp with a GTT turbo conversion than they are at 250bhp with a supercharged setup.:cool:
Cheers Roland, hmm..................:biggrin:

Edit: You have a PM

41 - 60 of 69 Posts