MINI Cooper Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Do you have any problems with the ecu Roland, i hear it doesent like been run as a turbo? Or are you running a piggyback or similar. Cheers Andy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Roland do you think that there is a chance that the GTT300T 'Topmount' conversion would be supplied in "kit" form for those outside of the UK?
Cheers
D-MAN

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
Roland would not consider and engine exchange program for those over seas ?

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
That is a shame as I would love one on my car but shipping my car from Australia to the UK and back for the conversion would be a little extreme!!! :D
its not the biggest cost killer as my folks have sent their cars to and from Aus when we lived out there true its a 3 month each way trip :aargh:, but all in the quest of power

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
hi Guys, conversion will never be available as a kit . :smile:

thats a shame Roland, As if you do ever relent on that you'd make so much cash out of it.

Madness not to offer it as a kit. How many turbos are there now 3 or 4. They are some of the best cars out there , it almost seems a crime that you have not done more. kit form would enable that.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
There are many reasons that we will not offer this as a DIY product. The main one being that it is not suitable for DIY. It is too involved and requires machining & fabrication of various parts along the way plus rewiring , skilled soldering etc. Only by supplying it as a complete fitted conversion can we guarantee a faultless conversion. ..the ultimate driving machine. & 100 %reliability .
As a DIY conversion the instruction manual would be 4" thick, :eek: and phone lines blocked :rolleyes: with people querieing things. Even then I'm sure it wouldn't get fitted right, there would be problems, bits get copied :angry: , then when it all went wrong it would all be my fault no doubt. Sorry to be negative but thats the truth of the matter.
If I design it all , make it, fit it , tune it, test it , then double check it..I know its right , and the customer will be happy.....any other way on a conversion such as this will all end in tears.. or a pile of parts on ebay advertised as 'Abondoned project...all parts included to finish...most work done ..easy completion' haha :smile:
Above all by only offering it fitted I can ensure a stunning conversion that retains the recognition and reputation it deserves.

·
Just enjoy it!
760 Posts
Love this conversion and feel really tempted to go and buy a mcs to have this conversion. Roland, how many have you sold now?

61 - 69 of 69 Posts