MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Its hard to say from that photo as the second one is a bit blurred. It does look like it might have changed design somehow... Anyone got a recent model that can take a photo? Or perhaps it is something just for the S?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Thats not the only difference either........how old is the bottom picture above ?. Have a close look at the center console.....behind the gearstick.

I have a thread on this subject somewhere. I think BruceK told me the twin knob version was pre-production and got changed to the single slide knob for the rear view mirrors ....

Attachments

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Basil said:
Thats not the only difference either........how old is the bottom picture above. Have a close look at the center console.....behind the gearstick.

I have a thread on this subject somewhere.
That is the same as my Cooper, I think the S might have additional knobs and switches there.. Perhaps that explains it :confused:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
monsta said:

That is the same as my Cooper, I think the S might have additional knobs and switches there.. Perhaps that explains it :confused:
Hmmm.......heres a recent shot from one of the shows, and there's those knobs again. The person in the shot is even helpfully pointing at them. Other recent internal S shots show the same mirror controls as the Cooper......odd

Attachments

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
That picture is brandnew, it's taken at the NAIAS by MiniMoke. The panel is different only in the fact that it's black. And those buttons on the left and right are the ones from the heated seats option.

Notice this: not only the outside lever is different, but the inside as well. From all I've seen so far is that those two are the same model. Does this means it's a real update, or is this USA only?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
OnlyS4me said:
That picture is brandnew, it's taken at the NAIAS by MiniMoke. The panel is different only in the fact that it's black. And those buttons on the left and right are the ones from the heated seats option.

Notice this: not only the the outside lever is different, but the inside as well. From all I've seen so far is that those two are the same model. Does this means it's a real update, or is this USA only?
Sorry M, posted my crap about the center console at the same time you did......

:)

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Basil said:

Sorry M, posted my crap about the center console at the same time you did......

:)
Don't mind ;) .

Maybe this really means BMW is working on this details before hitting the US-market with some faulty seat mechanisms! I bet they are affraid of paying the bills of their lawyers :D .

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Basil said:
So this button turns on both seats heaters and the knobs on the center console control the temperature ?
Maybe that's one of the redesigns too, cause the same symbols are on the buttons of the 'black panel'.

Strange.......:confused:

Attachments

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Here's another detail from the tip of the 'new' lever.
It's really a new design, but I cannot see what's on the 'white spot, due to flash':

Attachments

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
And another one from the buttons, seen from another position (and notice this, this is NOT an S, because of the shiny silver dash and the Cordoba interior, that's only avaiable on a One and Cooper):

Attachments

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
I believe the pre-production design is below. The knobs seem to be for the electric mirrors and for the headlight height adjustment(?) (later made automatic?)

·
Registered
171 Posts
i am glad they are moving the seat heaters

They were in a bad spot previously, you had to reach behind you sort of.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My dealer told me that the seat mechanism has been redesigned. I haven't had time to check the new Cooper's and One's to see if they are different to mine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts