MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'v had my Gen 1 MCS for a couple weeks and am absolutley loving it :biggrin: . The spec of the car is good, however I can't beleive that a car sold in 2003 didn't have a cd player as standard. Or for that matter that the buyer was too tight to splash the extra wedge on options:aargh:.

I'll be buying a new head unit for it over the next couple of week and am looking for some advice?

Can anybody recommend a headunit to meet the following criteria;

I Pod compatible allowing I-Pod to be controlled from the head unit controls.
Colour of illumination to match rest of Gen 1 MCS illuminated displays, if not a direct match a complimenatry one.
Bluetooth capability to run my mobile through..........is this actually any good? Will the head unit display caller info etc??

I'm not looking to build a big ICE system so it doesn't need to be overly powerful or have numerous pre outs etc. I'll probably just run the standard speaker for a while which seem pretty good anyway.

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mikey,

I have stereo controls on my steering wheel. It does not have phone controls though and is the two spoke type. I'm assuming that the MFSW is the 3 spoke wheel with both stereo & phone controls? Is it possible to retrofit a MFSW??

Bazzer

·
Registered
108 Posts
becker grandprix!

Very good sound, and looks very basic s no one gives it a second glance.

QUality wise - well its OEM in Porsche's and is the unit being used in the new Alfa 8C!

Your looking at around £250ish for a unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts