MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the Wifes Hyper Blue MCS with all the trimmings today. Only four hours later a rather nasty prick in an Astra GTE decided to throw up a big stone as he went past. The damage to the window screen is so bad that it is being replaced tomorrow. Luckily there was no damage to the paintwork.

Gutted but very happy to put £50 excess to sort it out. The GTE driver must have been jealous!!

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Saddler-Shaun said:
Just picked up the Wifes Hyper Blue MCS with all the trimmings today. Only four hours later a rather nasty prick in an Astra GTE decided to throw up a big stone as he went past. The damage to the window screen is so bad that it is being replaced tomorrow. Luckily there was no damage to the paintwork.

Gutted but very happy to put £50 excess to sort it out. The GTE driver must have been jealous!!
Happened to me with my first MINI. Out for a drive on the way home from the dealers and a lorry threw a stone off the back of it and cracked the windscreen. :confused:

The problem with the MINI is that it's windscreen is so upright!. I've had a replacement windscreen, because of the same problem, in my present MINI. :(

·
Jay
737 Posts
Did anyone read in the paper a few months ago about the man who bought a new Ferrari 575M and wrote it off 5 mins after leaving the showroom? I think, If i remember rightly, he wrapped it round a pole or lampost

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think I have shortest the time to damage record...less than 2 minutes.

When the car transport driver was unloading my MCS, he drove one wheel up on the the curb when he tried to make a (unecessary) u-turn. The rim was totally scratched 1/4 way around. Although at least he didn't get hit broadsided by the car that he didn't seem to see as I could only watch with an extreme sense of happiness that quickly switched to an agonizing sense of WTF?! :rolleyes: So I'd never had the chance to drive my car w/o it having any damage...it was cursed since day one.

I recall reading about the guy with the new Ferrari...hit a pothole, which obliterated the suspension, and then with no control it was totalled in a flash. That was pretty depressing.

·
Clio 197 R27
2,235 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad luck... when I picked my MCS up, on the way home a car travelling in the opposite direction flicked up a stone which flew into the side of my car. This left a noticeable chip on the rear quarter, which was a bit gutting considering I had only picked the car up 1/2 hour before :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same thing happend to me last week. Collected my car on Wednesday and whilst driving home on Friday had a stone flung up onto the windscreen. Absolutely gutted. It's a large chip, that can be seen even after being repaired. I'll have to have it replaced in a couple of weeks when I get the chance. And it is a heated screen. :mad:

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
Within a few hours of picking up my new mcs it got hit by a golfball sized rock that was kicked up from a truck! Luckily it hit the plastic grill below the windscreen which I replaced for 8 bucks.

Luke

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
I may have the fastest time ever

Mine was -2days from pickup (i guess)

There she was waiting in the showroom all nice n shiny.

I goes to have a look around the car smile from ear to ear then WTF a chip in the rear bumper straight through the paint!!!

Was not impressed

sorted finally after two courtesy cars and lots of faffing

Thanks Mini Manchester

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.