MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I have finally after years of lusting after the MCS placed a deposit on a Electric Blue MCS.

I think I have got a cracking deal and can not wait to pick her up, here is the spec:

2005 on an 05 with 14k on the clock
Full Leather
LSD
Heated seats
JCW Aero kit
Heated mirrors
Auto a/c
Radio boost
White bonnet stripes
White wheels

What do you think?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stunning :cool: Electric Blue is one of my favourite colours :)

Whens collection day?
Well I am currently car less and when informed the dealer said they will do their best to speed the process up so hopefully Wednesday.

I really can not wait. The car will have 1 weeks commute to do and then it will be taken on a 1,000 mile round trip to Le Mans.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could someone with lots of Cooper S images help me?

I am wanting to find out if I should/should not remove the stripes on my MCS before I pick it up later in the week (ie get BMW to do this for me).

Does anyone have any images of similar spec to my car without the white bonnet stripes

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here you go:wink: for me i would stick with the stripes.Or get some different ones:nice:

The white wheels on the 3rd image look the nuts. I think the decision has been made and I will be keeping the stripes.

Also the car was dirty when I saw it so when its been properly validated it should look even better

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hello. I have finally after years of lusting after the MCS placed a deposit on a Electric Blue MCS.

I think I have got a cracking deal and can not wait to pick her up, here is the spec:

Full Leather
LSD
Heated seats
JCW Aero kit
Heated mirrors
Auto a/c
Radio boost
White bonnet stripes
White wheels

What do you think?
Top Choice, lecky blue is the best colour :nice:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Top Choice, lecky blue is the best colour :nice:
Picking it up tomorrow and can not wait.

Do you (or anyone else) have a larger image or your mini? It looks bloody brilliant but I can not seem to find a bigger picture.

The black surround on the air intake looks the business, I think a carbon fiber one will be on the cards very soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jesus wept.........................my new purchase is rapid.

I am 25 yrs old and therefore do not have many experiences for my years but I have owned a MK4 GTi, Lotus Elise 111R and a 2.0t A4 and point to point the mini is by far the quickest and highly entertaining (The Elise would be quicker but in my hands the mini is much easier to drive fast).

You can feel the LSD working its magic. I love it, can not understand why the LSD was not spec'd by everyone

So happy with the new car. Its cracking

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Congratulations :D:D

These cars are fairly easy to drive quickly - You'd be surprised what you could beat cross country ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
The LSD wasn't available to everyone, but I agree - I didn't realise until I'd bought my Sep '04 car that it wasn't made part of the spec until a few months later (same with auto lights) and mine doesn't have it. At some point I'll have to get a Quaife fitted to mine to make up for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had the mini for a little while now and its blinding. Handles very well, gives a point and shoot kind of feel which I have come to love.

My only real negative is the speed, or lack of it. I think some investments will have to be made before long to give me a little more oomph.

I also plan to get a carbon bonnet scoop before long.

Here are a few pictures of the MCS stickered up before and during this years Le Mans trip. I have also included a brilliant Ghost Buster car which I spotted while there.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did you get your mini from David Holmes in Stockport, when I look at your original picture it looks like their forecourt ??

I got my Electric Blue mini one from them recently and love it so much, I got a gr8 deal and they were a pleasure to deal with.........I went there looking for a pepper white mini but fell in love with electric blue, what a stunning colour I think it's one of the best colours out there !!!

·
Noob
247 Posts

Full Leather
LSD
Heated seats
JCW Aero kit
Heated mirrors
Auto a/c
Radio boost
White bonnet stripes
White wheels

What do you think?
Nice! I want MY wheels in white too!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you get your mini from David Holmes in Stockport, when I look at your original picture it looks like their forecourt ??

I got my Electric Blue mini one from them recently and love it so much, I got a gr8 deal and they were a pleasure to deal with.........I went there looking for a pepper white mini but fell in love with electric blue, what a stunning colour I think it's one of the best colours out there !!!
Yep, David Holmes.

Great service and answered my any questions promptly. Very happy with it so far

1 - 20 of 20 Posts