MINI Cooper Forum banner

New MCS Today, couple of questions...

926 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  batou 
#1 ·
Hey All

Picked up my MCS today, built 04, loving it already, bin grin, keep staring out the window at it :D. Got a nice drive to cornwall later which im looking forward to.

So a couple of questions:

1. Where can i get some floor mats from? I have the rear but none in the front and the throttle means you cant put normal halfords stylee ones in there?

2. I have a TLC pack but bearing in mind its 4 years old the end is nigh. Its only done 19k however so still loads of the tlc remaining which is going to go unused, what do i do about this?

3. I read in the manual that holding the unlock button opens the sunroof and windows (it does, nice) when unlocking the car. Now is there no option to do the same locking it to shut them or is that all manual? Seems odd to do an auto for the open but not to close them?

Thanks in advance :wink:

#2 ·
Glad your enjoying your S!! Hard to stop grinning im sure

You can get the mats from your local mini dealer, they should have them in stock

Theres not really much you can do about the TLC and low mileage, as far as I know its 5 years or something like 50k. Whichever comes first. Then you have to get the TLC XL

Yeah the comfort opening only works on the way down, i think if you put the key in the door itself when your locking it, and hold it in the lock postion the windows and all will shut

#4 ·
thanks for your replies guys. Sorry for the late response!

Great drive down here and well impressed with my 34 mpg.

...crapping it now though. My mate pointed out that the tax is out of date. The garage cashed the old tax in but didn't tell me so I assumed it still had the tax as it did when I put my deposit down. Now I'm having to drive home with no tax tomorrow!

#5 ·
They won't auto close because there is no sensor on the passenger window (if your fingers are in the way). You need to use the key as you are in control, so it has comfort closing, but not remote closing.

Mats are available from the dealer - rubber ones are cheaper and obviously more practical (less luxurious though)

To get all of the TLC, drive it! Now the TLC XL isn't always beneficial - check the Woodmans thread for rough prices and then work out how many services you will need. Sometimes you are better off going without and just paying, others TLC is better.

The tax is going to be a big problem if you get caught, so stick to backroads etc! Good luck on that issue.

34mpg is pretty good for an r53 s!

#7 ·
would have thought you will be ok with the tax mate.
are there not any post offices where you can go and buy 6 months from neer where you are?.
if not dont worry too much about it, if you get an understanding policeman (which can be rare) im sure he will understand your situation and just leave it as a warning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.