MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day

I've just got my first Mini, a 2010 Cooper facelift.

I have a few questions which someone on here may be able to assist with:

1. I can't get the Start/Stop system to work. Apparently if you have stopped at the lights, put the car in neutral and applied the handbrake, the engine is meant to cut out. But mine stays on. Mine is fitted with S/S as I have the button to deactivate it (pressed it on/off but still no difference)
  2. I can't change intermittent wiper settings. I know how to acces the SET/INFO menu, but all that's in there is the service info or to tell me which faults codes are present whichi leads me on to ...
  3. I have two CC-ID codes present, CC-ID 136 and 136 (left and right brake light failure). I have got someone to check behind the car and both brake lights come on as they should, what else could this code indicate ?

Thanks in advance

· Registered
351 Posts
Good day

1. I can't get the Start/Stop system to work. Apparently if you have stopped at the lights, put the car in neutral and applied the handbrake, the engine is meant to cut out. But mine stays on. Mine is fitted with S/S as I have the button to deactivate it (pressed it on/off but still no difference)
  2. I can't change intermittent wiper settings. I know how to acces the SET/INFO menu, but all that's in there is the service info or to tell me which faults codes are present whichi leads me on to ...
  3. I have two CC-ID codes present, CC-ID 136 and 136 (left and right brake light failure). I have got someone to check behind the car and both brake lights come on as they should, what else could this code indicate ?

Thanks in advance
The only times I have experienced auto stop/start are when I forget to turn it off. But from my memory, with a 6-speed I believe the engine should shut off after bringing the car to a stop with the transmission in neutral then releasing the clutch while continuing to hold the brake pedal down. The engine re-starts when the clutch is depressed to shift to 1st.

With an automatic just bringing the car to a stop -- in D -- while holding the brake pedal down is sufficient.

IIRC the engine battery must be in good charge and the engine must be up to some temperature (and I believe can't have any OBD2 error codes active) and in extreme heat or cold -- with a resulting big load on the A/C/heating system -- auto stop/start may not be activated.

The only intermittent wiper settings I know of are controlled by the knob/dial on the wiper stalk. If one can do this via some menu setting it is news to me.

For the light codes, be sure all parking, turn signal, brake and tail lights work. You might have to resort to accessing each bulb and with a clean gloved hand removing it and then reinserting it to remove the corrosion that can form over time. I'm not talking about sunken ship levels of corrosion but a surface corrosion at the bulb socket contact points that can cause a degradation that can flag a warning.

Might mention too my experience with other cars has been believe it or not the brake light switch under the dash and that is activated when the brake pedal is depressed went bad and caused intermittent brake light activation. The brake light bulbs/turn signal bulbs/tail light bulbs never burned out.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good day

Thanks in advance
  1. Edit: The wife took us around the block for her first test drive and surprise surprise the Start/Stop system worked for her and even showed it in the driver display ?!
  2. I got this working, was going wrong by having the engine running. You need to make sure ignition is on but engine is off 🤦‍♂️
  3. Still appreciate input on why the display still shows two CC-ID codes

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply. Today was slightly warmer, perhaps it was the 3 degree weather that allowed it to work.
Interesting about the brake pedal, will also check all connections and reseat both bulbs after gentle cleaning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts