MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have been trawling this site for information - I'm planning on getting a MCS R53 preferably with a JCW Works kit - not too many to choose from down here though.

Have been into cars all my life (currently 37!) and owned an MX5 and have a Valiant Charger that will be sold to fund the MCS.

Though I'd say hi and looking forward to learning more from here and make a purchase soon!

Cheers & Beers!

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
Welcome to MINI2, the dealer in Perth has 2 R53 JCWs available. :D

Check with your local clubMINI as they may well know of someone with a JCW for sale. :smile:

·
Mighty Mouse
99 Posts
Hi all,

Have been trawling this site for information - I'm planning on getting a MCS R53 preferably with a JCW Works kit - not too many to choose from down here though.

Have been into cars all my life (currently 37!) and owned an MX5 and have a Valiant Charger that will be sold to fund the MCS.

Though I'd say hi and looking forward to learning more from here and make a purchase soon!

Cheers & Beers!
Not the Charger:aargh:

I used to dream of owning a charger when I was a young whipper snipper!

I'm sure you wont be disappointed with the Copper S.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the replies and can't get over the volumes of great info on this forum!

The Charger is an Aussie icon but I tend to change marques every 3-4 yrs or so... on with my Mini hunt....

·
clubMINI Master
992 Posts
Hello and Welcome......I know of an R56 JCW that may be a bit of a bargin, or an R53, that has a full track kit, in CR/W

PM me if you want me to point you in the right direction!

Oh and Welcome.....eltham....so many nice raods around there!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello and Welcome......I know of an R56 JCW that may be a bit of a bargin, or an R53, that has a full track kit, in CR/W

PM me if you want me to point you in the right direction!

Oh and Welcome.....eltham....so many nice raods around there!
Hi there - sounds good - pardon my ignorance but what is the difference b/r R50/R52/R53/R56 - have seen some R50 Cooper S's, some R53's of varying production years and I can't work this out...

At least with the MX5 thay have NA, NB, NC etc... which all basically correlate to year of manufacture...

I know my Valiants pretty well and they are VH, VJ, VK, CL frorm 1971 to 1977 respectively.

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
Hi there - sounds good - pardon my ignorance but what is the difference b/r R50/R52/R53/R56 - have seen some R50 Cooper S's, some R53's of varying production years and I can't work this out...

At least with the MX5 thay have NA, NB, NC etc... which all basically correlate to year of manufacture...

I know my Valiants pretty well and they are VH, VJ, VK, CL frorm 1971 to 1977 respectively.
see this thread for details :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh yes that clears it up.....(doesn't make it much a choice of buying a second hand one easy though!!)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've bought a 2002 MCS in BRG with white roof/mirror caps/white R83 wheels and really enjoying! Not JCW equipped (apart from the floor mats) however but who knows....one day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts