MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm the owner of a black and red 2013 Mini Paceman All 4, 6 speed. Car is a blast to drive! Getting ready to do some brake and maintenance work. Try to do all my own work, although being new to Mini, got to learn how to work on those now.

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
2004 Mini Cooper R50 Chili Red, Midlands 5 speed manual
276 Posts
The Bentley service manual is the best one I’ve come across. Not cheap, until you compare it to the price of taking your car to a shop!

My daughter and I do all the work on her 2004 R50, the version of that manual for her car helped us (mostly her!) rebuild the front suspension, pull the 5-speed transmission for overhaul, replace the radiator and hoses, alternator, water pump and serpentine belt.

All that work would have cost way more than the car was worth had it gone to a shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is definitely work having a service manual. I bought a factory manual for my 87 Olds when I was getting it back on the road, and it saved me a lot of headaches. Does this manual cover the R61 Paceman and JCW?

·
Registered
2004 Mini Cooper R50 Chili Red, Midlands 5 speed manual
276 Posts
It appears to cover at least some JCW cars, but the R61 isn’t mentioned.

My experience is with the first generation Mini, so I don’t know much different a Paceman is from a Clubman, etc. though I’d expect much of it to be the same.

Found this on the ECSTuning site;

Not specific to the Paceman but they are similar.

In case you didn’t get the Owners Manual with your car, here it is online.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts