MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm Kent -- just introducing myself to the group. What a great website and asset to MINI motorers.

I've just signed for my first MINI, a 2005 Chili red/red roof/cloth Cooper with the Premium and Cold pkgs. I lucked out, and found one that I liked that had already been built but unallocated. It didn't take long for me to sign at that point.... LOL. It is _scheduled_ to hit the VDC today, so *if* all goes well, maybe just another two weeks before delivery :D

Of course, I'm already immersed in the accs list, shopping for a 16" wheel/tyre pkg, and am reading through as many posts here as I can to get up to speed.

See you around!
Kent in Utah

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Welcome to MINI2! I'm sure you will enjoy your new Cooper. If it is coming with the standard 15 in. wheels with the all season Continetal tires that is probably a good setup for Salt Lake winters, unless you go up in the mountains where a true winter tire would be better. I don't care for the 16 in. OEM wheels and runflat tires, they are just too heavy, hurting acceleration and braking while giving a rough ride. Whatever you get, enjoy your MINI.

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
Hyia welcome to the mad world of MINI2 :D
No matter what model of MINI you have you won't take the grin off your face from the moment that you get in your car. The Chilli red is a lovely colour red (my Mom has a CR/W Cooper) and really stands out. Enjoy your car & I'm sure that the wait won't seem too long with the Christmas holidays to enjoy.

Merry Christmas. :D

Helen xxxx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all! :) I'm really looking forward to the experience, and everyone here seems great!

Now if I can just get the car to come in... it's a week late arriving at VDC... getting impatient!

I'd love to meet some other owners IRL... (and of course, that includes all of you as well) is there a list of clubs or something?

Cheers,
Kent

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Kent and welcome!!! If you're still waiting for your Cooper you can join the proud ranks of those with waiting-induced madness which, in fact, prepares one well for MINI ownership. I waited three months for my Cooper and my overall loss of sanity was quickly filled.....not with sanity.....but with full on MINI-madness which, you see, is a great thing!!! So enjoy your wait and embrace your madness (and insomnia?)....great things will come of it as you finally get to motor about in your hot little Cooper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.