MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I am new here. Great forum and a lot of info eh? I like it very much.

My family just ordered a MCC (does that stand for Mini Cooper Convertable? I think so) and really, debating on what colour to get. My mother ordered the BRG with green roof. The beige leather package are just too expensive at this point. But my father wants the PS colour with black top. He says silver cars require less wash.

I am towards BRG, it is traditional and looks unique. As for green roof, I am not too sure, but seeing how some of the BMW 3 series are rocking the same colour scheme, it might just need time to get used to. Although I am sure their green is much lighter than BRG (seems like it)

What happened was, that we all agreed on Pepper White Cooper with black top. But on Monday night, my mother and I went to put down the offer and then she saw the MCC, rode in one and felt in love. But I have no idea why MCC doesn't come in PW colour.

They are still debating over BRG and PS colour. But it is going to be my mother's car, so I think she has more say in this than anyone else.

Oh, another thing is, who makes Mini's engine? Is it Chrysler or BMW? This may sound like a dumb question but I can't find that info anywhere.

Many thanks guys

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Nova_Dust, welcome! I personally am partial to the Purple Haze (that's what I got...you can see my pictures in my gallery), but BRG was my other choice...nice color! As far as who makes the engine, I'm not sure but they are made in a factory in Brazil (at least mine was). The block says MINI on it...I'm sure someone here will know more.

Have fun!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Purple is nice, my car is a vintage plum colour car. :)

So the next generation Mini, you mean as a totally redesigned Mini or 2005 Mini? In that case, the Mini that we ordered a couple days ago will have this Tritec engine in it right?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nova_Dust said:
Purple is nice, my car is a vintage plum colour car. :)

So the next generation Mini, you mean as a totally redesigned Mini or 2005 Mini? In that case, the Mini that we ordered a couple days ago will have this Tritec engine in it right?
vintage plum? Must see that! Can you post some pics?

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Go with the BRG - awesome colour for a Cooper with all that lovely chrome.
Don't forget those heated seats! :)
As for the engine, I'll go out on a limb and say they're virtually bullet-proof, they don't as of yet have a long service history. (especially not mine with only 4700 km!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alopukhin said:
vintage plum? Must see that! Can you post some pics?
It is a Honda 2000 Civic hatchback, factory Vintage Plum. I doubt the Mini crowd will accept Japanese cars, when it is mostly European oriented.

I am afriad of getting flamed! :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MINNOW said:
Go with the BRG - awesome colour for a Cooper with all that lovely chrome.
Don't forget those heated seats! :)
As for the engine, I'll go out on a limb and say they're virtually bullet-proof, they don't as of yet have a long service history. (especially not mine with only 4700 km!)
I think I have convinced my father to accept BRG. I was browsing early this evening and saw another member's BRG + green soft top, exactly the colour scheme my mother has chosen. She has only 2 options, chrome interior + heated seats, that's all. The options are rather expensive, namly leather seats. Other parts she is not interested. I suppose just the thought of convertable has made her fell to the floor. It is her daily driver, whatever she likes, is fine by me. I am gonna try to take a real good care of it (as I do to my own car) and hope it can last for a long time, become a vintage someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts