MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, thought I'd sign up considering I've been combing this forum for a while getting hints and ideas of how to fix and personalise the Mini.

I'm in the Northwest of the UK, my wife and I needed a small second car for commuting a couple of years back, and ended up with this little fun machine:

It looked like this for about the first year of our ownership:
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Hood

The last year I have been slowly de-chroming it, nice an cheap belt line vinyl kit, black MINI and COOPER badges off eBay, that type of thing.
It is a standard base model Cooper with no plans to mod anything major any time soon.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

Once the tyres need replacing then I am tempted to pick up some refurbished black 17" Bullet or Flame alloys, but as the car only travels a few miles a week then it might be a while before the tread gets that low. I also like the look of a slightly lowered Mini, but this is a commuter, I'm getting older and my back is getting weaker so comfort comes before stance :D

The fog lamps in the front bumper have been throwing up errors lately, so the last couple of days has been removing the bumper and cleaning up the battered old fog lamp assemblies (looked like a tonne of limescale inside and out). All is working great again thanks to posts on this forum explaining how the bumper comes off (y)

Anyway back to combing your galleries for dream Mini mods that I may never bother doing myself, but it's nice to see all your pictures of sweet Mini's.

Mike (y)

·
Registered
Bog standard R56 cooper (2008) running on bloody expensive petrol
232 Posts
Stealth Mini (y)

I'm not a car fiddler where the mini is concerned, we just enjoy the heritage & throwing ourselves around country lanes just like our original Mini adventures.

Dropping the load from the battery via LED replacement basics is about as far as I go down the legal & useful front, no desire to get picked out by contemptible coppers for any reason.

Welcome aboard (yaar)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lower bumper chrome I rattle canned when I took the bumper off. I vinyl wrapped everything else - all light surrounds and the boot handle. Took a couple of attempts to get the first headlight surround done plus a few YouTube instruction videos to get hints and tips but it is looking tidy for now - not bad for about £15 worth of eBay vinyl and a couple of hours of my time.

I'll be searching the posts on here to see how to remove the bright orange lights, they stand out too much for my liking and shouldn't be too big of a job hopefully.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The lower bumper chrome I rattle canned when I took the bumper off. I vinyl wrapped everything else - all light surrounds and the boot handle. Took a couple of attempts to get the first headlight surround done plus a few YouTube instruction videos to get hints and tips but it is looking tidy for now - not bad for about £15 worth of eBay vinyl and a couple of hours of my time.

I'll be searching the posts on here to see how to remove the bright orange lights, they stand out too much for my liking and shouldn't be too big of a job hopefully.
Hi
The bright orange on the front indicators are just orange lenses that just pop off , and then you aan replace bulbs with silver coated amber flashing ones , makes a hell of a difference .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts