MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just thought i'd say hi as i'm new to the forum.

I've just chopped in my BMW E39 M5 for a completely mint Mini Cooper S as I wanted something fun that was cheaper for the commute. We're now a 3 mini family with the other half having a red Cooper & my sister having a light silver Cooper :)

I'll attach some pics shortly :)

MAFFA

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Welcome matey, any pics of your new motor?

It always pleases me to hear people going to a cooper s to save money :) :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loving the Mini. My other half has had hers for about a year & a half so I knew the Cooper was fun but loving the extra horses under the bonnet of the S. It's like a go-cart but I think it could do with an extra 50BHP, some coilovers an exhaust & some AP's.

I had an Impreza before the M5 and I spend 6yrs moddifying it to perfection & it was a good track toy. That's what I missed with the BMW but it was a great car until fuel prices went sky high. Looking forward to modding the mini for track use but will need some advice as all my knowledge is in Imprezas :)

Who's the best company for custom remaps? Everything else I can do myself really :eek:)

I'm based in West Sussex

Cheers

MAFFA

·
MINI2 Rebirth
149 Posts
Loving the Mini. My other half has had hers for about a year & a half so I knew the Cooper was fun but loving the extra horses under the bonnet of the S. It's like a go-cart but I think it could do with an extra 50BHP, some coilovers an exhaust & some AP's.

I had an Impreza before the M5 and I spend 6yrs moddifying it to perfection & it was a good track toy. That's what I missed with the BMW but it was a great car until fuel prices went sky high. Looking forward to modding the mini for track use but will need some advice as all my knowledge is in Imprezas :)

Who's the best company for custom remaps? Everything else I can do myself really :eek:)

I'm based in West Sussex

Cheers

MAFFA
There's a world of information in the Engine and Drivetrain tuning forum about tuning options on an R53 MCS. Custom remaps are only really useful once you've done lots of other things first. Basically, spark plugs, supercharger belt&pulley, CAI, intercooler, manifold are the places that most people start. If you can do the work yourself, I expect you could get an extra 50bhp for under 500 quid. When it comes to the custom remap, I hear lots of good things about 1320's work.

Good luck, and enjoy the Mini experience!

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Very nice, agree with Mr T loving those bonnet stripes. I will be soon going down the extra 50hp route and will be starting with a CAI and reduced pulley and some new plugs i think!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers for the positive comments guys & thanks for the modding heads-up :) I'll make a note and have a look in Engine & Drivetrain.

I assume CAI is "Cold Air Intake" i.e & induction of some kind?

Cheers

MAFFA

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Yeah thats right mate, i have learned on here though its advisable to go with one with a "lid" on the box otherwise perfomance could drop due to heat from the engine bay being sucked in. Think this is right, its early ish lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's pretty much the norm as it can suffer through heat soak...unless it's mounted in the wing. It wasn't as bad on the scooby as a lot more air passed through the engine bay but even then a shield on the side of the engine made it better.

I've had a lot of feedback in Engine & Drivetrain on routes to take for all aspects of modding. Everyone is so helpful on here like they were on Scoobynet when I had one. I think i've made the right choice of forum :)

Cheers guys

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Yeah thought it would be im very much a noob when it comes to modifying, i have found this a very good website infact the best, awlays helpful and friendly. You have defo come to the right place :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts