MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to modern minis, owned 1 or 2 early minis, a 1275 and a mayfair in the 90s when I 1st passed my test. Recently picked up a clean 2003 cooper s. Got a few jobs to do on it and I'm sure I'll be searching the forums and asking advice, the mini is in Cyprus where I live and it doesn't have much history with it, like service history and genuine mileage, 1st job is major service just for peace of mind, remove the tatty vinyl stripes and replace, and fix a couple of interior issues. I'm not sure what it's called but the y shaped inside door handle is snapped on the drivers side, I've removed the door card and sourced a new piece but how the hell I fit it, I haven't worked out yet as the panels that mould around the y bit are plastic (melted rivets) so I'm guessing drill out and hot glue back on when said y piece is replaced.. sorry for going off on a tangent there. I'll get reading some forum posts.. Steve

Attachments

· Registered
8 Posts
The plastic parts are as you say melted plastic mushroom fit.
You could drill and remelt the plastic afterwards but,
You might get away with heating a small flat screwdriver and lifting the edges up. Try keep as much of the plastic attached as you can so when you refit the pieces, you have more to work with.

I wouldn't have much faith in hot glue holding it together but araldite epoxy resin might work if you can fit the parts and secure them with tape while you let it cure on the back.
Araldite/gorilla glue/whatever you can get.
But some sort of two part resin will be better than hot glue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.