MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m Frederick live in California. I have a yellow r56 fjcw and a red with white top r50 both Manual cars. I first got the r50 then I went on getting the r56 wanting more performance and comfort. The r50 has been so reliable to me compared to the r56, since I got the r56 it had trouble. I think it was mainly the maintenance history that it had not been up kept. Both are fantastic cars overall.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Hi, I’m Frederick live in California. I have a yellow r56 fjcw and a red with white top r50 both Manual cars. I first got the r50 then I went on getting the r56 wanting more performance and comfort. The r50 has been so reliable to me compared to the r56, since I got the r56 it had trouble. I think it was mainly the maintenance history that it had not been up kept. Both are fantastic cars overall.
the r56 need to treat the timing chain as a timing belt of old ie needs replacing around 60k it sorts a lot of future problems out with engine running out of time it can damage things its just a must do way of owning one in my book,
in fact the alfa romeo 159 petrols also do same trick on petrols and its a known way that chain needs replacing every 60k on them as well its the price you pay for having a light low emissions powerful engine i guess or the stupid idea of the designer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
mike1967
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing